Sign in to follow this  
localcraftsman

New Roller foot conversion for juki 1341 etc

I came across this roller foot conversion on aliexpress to convert walking foot machines to roller foot? I thought it seemed interesting and a bit strange. But if it allows me to convert without having to get another machine it's worth a try. I already have several standard walking foot machines and wanted a roller foot for my wf post bed to use for boot uppers etc.

I'll be ordering one, but if anyone else has tried one already I'd love to hear more.

Search for, juki 1341 246 modified wheel conversion  jojosew

9 hours ago, localcraftsman said:

I came across this roller foot conversion on aliexpress to convert walking foot machines to roller foot? I thought it seemed interesting and a bit strange. But if it allows me to convert without having to get another machine it's worth a try. I already have several standard walking foot machines and wanted a roller foot for my wf post bed to use for boot uppers etc.

I'll be ordering one, but if anyone else has tried one already I'd love to hear more.

Search for, juki 1341 246 modified wheel conversion  jojosew

Let us know how it works out.

Is that like the one in the silence of the lambs.

10 hours ago, localcraftsman said:

I thought it seemed interesting and a bit strange. But if it allows me to convert without having to get another machine it's worth a try.

Looks very interesting. It appears they have removed the center and outer presser feet and installed the roller foot where the outer presser would have mounted. I can see this working in thinner material. The down side is the conversion causes the material to be moved rearward by the feed dog and the needle. I wonder about possible needle deflection. 

Let use know how it works out it may save the cost of another machine for some folks.

kgg

When you remove the inner foot of a triple feed machine you wil have a needle feed machine.

You will need an other type of outer foot (or roller foot as is in this kit)

but to work good you need also an other set of feed dogs and needle plate

its not clear for me if the sent you only the roller foot or also the other parts