chuck123wapati

vow books

Vow books and guest book. Hand made paper , not by me, Grey chrome tan liner, Bison brown veg tan outer and sewn with my Chinese shoe patcher. t90 thread

vow1.JPG

vow2.JPG

vow3.JPG

lookin good chuck as always :yes:

Hey did your patched need a lot of mod's to make it work good?

Looks great Chuck.  How did you do the lettering?  Was that just freehand with a swivel knife?

/dwight

5 minutes ago, Bert03241 said:

lookin good chuck as always :yes:

Hey did your patched need a lot of mod's to make it work good?

Thank you , not a lot of mods really but more of clean up and tweaking, making it run like it should.

thanks I bought one about a year ago never opened it as I read a lot about how hard they are to get working right. So I thought I just sell it. As I don't have a lot of mechanical experience and no patience for things that aren't right out of the box LOL  maybe I put it together and try it :crazy:

Edited by Bert03241

Just now, DwightT said:

Looks great Chuck.  How did you do the lettering?  Was that just freehand with a swivel knife?

/dwight

thanks Dwight no swivel knife i used my skrimshaw needle and a steel scrib i made for transfering patterns.  

3 minutes ago, Bert03241 said:

thanks I bought one about a year ago never opened it as I read a lot about how hard they are to get working right. So I thought I just sell it. As I don't have a lot of mechanical experience and no patience for things that aren't right out of the box LOL  maybe I put it together and try it :crazy:

It takes a few days to get it working right, figuring out how it works and deciding what thread and needle  you want. 

I had a lot of pointers to help me from the guys on here  and THANKS to each of you for the help.  

Very nice and a beautiful sentiment on the vow book.  I'm sure they will be treasured.

Great looking work with lots of character from the start.  Would be fun to leaf through these at their 50 year anniversary, but that will be for someone else to do.

2 hours ago, Tugadude said:

Very nice and a beautiful sentiment on the vow book.  I'm sure they will be treasured.

Thanks Tugadude

Nice job Chuck like always, I'm sure they will love them. The sewing looks great, and how you did those words pulls it together.

Very nice Chuck. I did a pair for the young couple across the street last summer. Nice to do something g li,e this from time to time. 

13 hours ago, Samalan said:

Nice job Chuck like always, I'm sure they will love them. The sewing looks great, and how you did those words pulls it together.

Thanks Words and letters are my kryptonite lol. I never could have cut them with a swivel knife. 

11 hours ago, Hags said:

Very nice Chuck. I did a pair for the young couple across the street last summer. Nice to do something g li,e this from time to time. 

thanks it was a great re learn on binding, I've only done one other journal years ago but i still had my how to book.

That is some special work for a special day.  Oh to have something like that to look back on in later years.  Wishing I had something like it.  Great job.  Thanks for explaining how you put the lettering on there.

5 minutes ago, PastorBob said:

That is some special work for a special day.  Oh to have something like that to look back on in later years.  Wishing I had something like it.  Great job.  Thanks for explaining how you put the lettering on there.

Thanks Pastor!