Johanna

Determining the "true" value of Designer Bags

This article

A leather expert on TikTok is putting designer handbags to the ultimate test – with fire, acetone and scissors.

Performing scrupulous surgery on luxe leather sacks, “Tanner Leatherstein,” who boasts more than 757,000 followers on TikTok, brings the shock factor to the world of animal hide-based accessories.

Determining the quality of leather, craftsmanship and more, the TikToker, whose real name is Volkan Yilmaz, told The Post that his “life purpose is to help people understand and experience leather better.”

I love it. Would like to see more of this. We've all experienced the snickers at seeing the price tag on a bag we could make 10X better for a fraction of the cost. This fellow documents and shares his findings. bwahahaha

I've shown his videos to a few people that balked at my purse prices. They were floored about how cheaply those name brand bags were made compared to mine.

Some were suspicious as to why I dont charge more if mine are made with more actual leather.

You cant please some people:dunno:

If I was to charge the true price, I wouldn't sell a damn thing. I know my market. I'm sure this has been discussed before on here. 

HS

cool indeed!! I never really understood buying a name but i guess some folks live that way. my problem isn't the high end stores it s the cheapo Chinese crap they sell for pennies on the dollar.

Its hard to compete with a government owned business that employs prisoners, children  and pays slave wages to everyone else. The Chinese run tik tok will use his info to steal their construction methods and then undercut even those big names.