Leathermaker831

Need Help with Consew DCS-S4 Skiving Machine

I bought a Consew DCS-S4 skiving machine new back in 2017 I remember I tested it and it worked fine but over the year the kids and me have moved all the adjustments on the machine and now I can not get it to skive anything I live in Salinas CA and there are no places here that service these types of machines. So my question is does anybody know where I can take this machine to get it back to its original settings maybe give them some of the leather that I have so they can go of that and get it to skive again usted no the leather that I will be working with as a reference. Are there any places in San Jose Ca or even San Francisco where I can drop of the machine. Thank you

Rafael 

831-710-4803

Can anybody help me out with this

15 minutes ago, Leathermaker831 said:

Can anybody help me out with this

Have you looked at YouTube videos about how to adjust these skivers?  It's really not all that difficult but must be done carefully.  And since you would often need to adjust the skiver when/if you change the leather you're using, you'd be best off by learning how to adjust it yourself rather than sending it to someone for adjustment.  It is a pain, but worthwhile.

But maybe if you gave a bit more detail other than just "... I can not get it to skive anything..." someone here might be able to offer suggestions.

Good luck!

You need to learn how to adjust the machine yourself. These machines are identical from manufacturer to manufacturer, the settings requires adjustments depending on thickness and type of leather and that is why you need to teach yourself how to do it. You also need to learn the sharpening procedure.

There are several good videos on machine adjustment, here are a few.

I took a class on the skiver at the Pendelton Leather show last year that was very useful.