Basically Bob

Promotional sign

… made this to hang at a local guitar maker’s shop.

58A7898C-3B74-4744-AA27-1E8E024F0EE2.jpeg

that sure should prove your point , it looks really nice. How do they get ahold of you?

3 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

that sure should prove your point , it looks really nice. How do they get ahold of you?

I have business cards there as well and a couple of straps.  I also give the luthier a small finder’s fee for any orders I get.

Edited by Basically Bob

29 minutes ago, Basically Bob said:

I have business cards there as well and a couple of straps.  I also give the luthier a small finder’s fee for any orders I get.

i was just thinking the younger folk just snap a picture on their phones to save and share info, it would be good to have something on or near the sign so they could do that.

good luck to you  sounds like you have a good niche going.

That sure is a nice sign. How big is it? and could you not put a phone number on it in the bottom right?

There are currently some 'crafters' stalls in one of my local shopping centres (Shopping mall ? to you lot ). Some of them have Q codes on their signs and banners and I noticed a fair few potential shoppers were using their smart phones to record the code. I think it would just be possible to stamp a Q code in leather, with care though

Sharp looking artwork and original design.  I'd wager a real craftsman is at work.  Looks like a great business asset.  

2 hours ago, fredk said:

That sure is a nice sign. How big is it? and could you not put a phone number on it in the bottom right?

There are currently some 'crafters' stalls in one of my local shopping centres (Shopping mall ? to you lot ). Some of them have Q codes on their signs and banners and I noticed a fair few potential shoppers were using their smart phones to record the code. I think it would just be possible to stamp a Q code in leather, with care though

3 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

i was just thinking the younger folk just snap a picture on their phones to save and share info, it would be good to have something on or near the sign so they could do that.

good luck to you  sounds like you have a good niche going.

The rectangular portion is 9” X 13”.  

Good point about having a phone # so that someone could take a pic of it.  If I was doing it again, I would probably put my phone # on it.  Thanks for the input.  

That's a great idea! And beautifully executed as well! Oughta bring some customers in when they see the wonderful work you do

~Frau~

Edited by Fraulein

1 hour ago, Fraulein said:

That's a great idea! And beautifully executed as well! Oughta bring some customers in when they see the wonderful work you do

~Frau~

Thank you!

You see how you addes the tree to the strap you could do that with your number in the lower rt corner . Make it at home take to shop and just glue it on.:yes:

15 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

Make it at home take to shop and just glue it on.:yes:

I was thinking the same thing.  Make a small piece with a number or web address or whatever, attach it to the lower right section with a snap or rivet or clip or whatever! 

Nice work, great idea!

28 minutes ago, YinTx said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Make a small piece with a number or web address or whatever, attach it to the lower right section with a snap or rivet or clip or whatever! 

Nice work, great idea!

Thanks!

Great way to advertise.  Nice you have a place to do so.  Good luck!

36 minutes ago, PastorBob said:

Great way to advertise.  Nice you have a place to do so.  Good luck!

Thank you!  Yes, I have known the luthier for at least 20 years.  Most everyone who walks into his shop is a serious “player” and some of them are spending thousands of dollars on a hand built guitar.  Normally, he would only have one person in the shop at a time so the sign is more of a conversation starter.