Hello out there! I am new to this and trying to find equipment for my shop. Where in the world do you find this stuff?? At the top of my list: Tippmann Boss, Pfaff 3-5" post machine (single needle, compound feed, walking foot sewing machine, Landis Sole Stitcher, 5 in 1,  and Boot Last. Anybody help???

56 minutes ago, Yolonda said:

Tippmann Boss, Pfaff 3-5" post machine (single needle, compound feed, walking foot sewing machine,

Sewing machines:

One armed Bandits:

i) Tippman Boss sold by Tipmmann directly ( tippmannindustrial.com  )

ii) Cowboy Outlaw from dealers like Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines ( www.tolindsewmach.com )

iii) Weaver Master Tool Cub   ( weaverleathersupply.com )

Pfaff Industrial sewing machine:

Go to Pfaff site and look for dealers in your location ( pfaff-industrial.us/dealers/ )

Landis Equipment:

Go to LandisInternational USA ( landisusa.com/us-en )

A lot of equipment can be had as used from industrial sewing machine repair/sales locations or online markets. I would recommend not going with a one armed bandit but rather a Class 441 machine either a brand name machine like a Juki, Alder or a clone machine like a Cowboy CB4500 or Cobra Class 4 to name a couple.

kgg

Edited by kgg

Many of us do daily or weekly searches on Facebook Marketplace, Facebook groups, eBay, Craigslist and a few others I’m not real familiar with.   Other search sites will search multiple places at once, which can be faster, but doesn’t seem to be as reliable.

Dont forget to check the equipment for sale section on LW - I have 3 sewing machines originally found here - and a few more I wasn’t quick enough on and someone beat me to them.

If I’m really searching for something, doing regular searches on Google, Google images, Reddit, and other search engines will turn up items listed in obscure places or that are not called by common names.

Search terms are important - for instance most machines can be found searching for “industrial sewing machine”, but someone who just inherited grampa’s machine may call it “commercial sewer” or “sewing machine” or “leather stitcher thingy” or “harness stitcher”, or it might not have a description other than a picture and the price, or it might just say “Singer” and a picture.  About once every few years I miss out on a free triple feed machine, but I have two free ones found here.  More search terms and searching more sites produces more results, but it also brings up more crap to wade through.  It can be addicting, so competition is often quick to buy something if you aren’t looking often.   I used to like to check first thing in the morning, 11:30, 3:30, 6:00: and right before bed, but many who work from home seem to keep search pages open and refresh often throughout the day.

Local auction site inventory or estate sale lists often dont come up anywhere, so that can be another couple of sources to check.  Finally there are the antique shops that can sometimes have a very desirable machine for a fraction of what it would normally go for.  Pawn shops and thrift stores are low value places since they are quite time consuming to visit in person.  Thrift stores get nice machines more often than most people know, but once it’s priced anyone who works there often has first dips at buying it, or it’s kept in the back until someone’s buddy shows up to buy it and that night it shows up on craigslist.