jukejoe

pfaff 335h2l or Typical 335VB ??

iS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE IN THIS 2 MODELS?
WICH IS BEST AND WHY?

THANKS!!!!!!

@jukejoe Moved your post to leather sewing machines where you are more likely to get an answer.

Help Wanted is like the classified ads in a newspaper, looking for work or looking for a worker.  All posts/replies require a moderators approval in Help Wanted, whether a guest or a member.  So not the greatest place to post when you want interaction with others.

7 hours ago, jukejoe said:

My take is

i) The PFAFF is a brand name while the Typical is a clone.

ii) the PFAFF info I have seen

The "H" indicates the lift of the pressor foot where H1 and H2 are 7 mm and use the 134 needle system, H3 are 11 mm and use the 134-35needle system while the H4 has a 14 mm lift and use the 190 needle system.

The "L" indicates it is rated for leather versus "S" is for fabric.

iii) Parts and accessories for the PFAFF's in general are expensive and for some models not readily available.

iv) The PFAFF thread capacity is generally limited to V92 for the older machines and the new model limited is limited to V69

8 hours ago, jukejoe said:

WICH IS BEST AND WHY?

I wouldn't personally purchase either as both are going to severely limited not only the thread size but the thickness that can be sew.

What are you planning on sewing maybe a better way to approach choosing a machine??

What country are you located in.

kgg

2 minutes ago, kgg said:

What country are you located in.

kgg

According to his ip address, he is posting from Palermo, Buenos Aires F.D., Argentina. Of course, he could be using a VPN to mask his true location.

Thanks a lot for your fast response!!!
Im from Argentina, so there´s not a lot of models to choose...I work with natural leather with a Pfaff 335 but the stitch lenght is very short.
I notice a lot of people using Typicaland I might move to that one ...but only if is there some true advantage.

Yes, Palermo Buenos Aires Argentina. Im new in the forum but I dont know whats the use of masking my true location..i think its a safe website here.
Thanks again and greetings

The 335 can sew #138 thread.  You just have to make a few modifications.  Enlarge hole in inner foot and feed dog.  Pfaff made a heavier take up spring.  I would install that as well.  I also went to work on the gap and finger on the bobbin area to have more clearance for the thread to clear on each stitch.

glenn

In my Pfaff h2L when I use the binder, the stich gets shorter than with out it....like 4mm.
Then I look on the Typical and says over 7mm or 6mm stitch lenght..so thats good
Also dont know whats the clone of the typical, maybe they copy a Juki model.

But Im most worry about the Typical 335vb if is good for heavy materials , and using also leather as a binding tape...for bags and sturdy works.

16 hours ago, jukejoe said:

Yes, Palermo Buenos Aires Argentina. Im new in the forum but I dont know whats the use of masking my true location..i think its a safe website here.
Thanks again and greetings

Welcome aboard, Jose!

I mentioned masking because we sometimes get trolls from Eastern Europe and Africa, and India/Pakistan who are spammers or scammers. Some of them try to mask their actual geo-location, but I track them down anyway.

Many years ago, I had a Juki LU-563 walking foot machine that was used to sew orange honeycomb vinyl safety vests for road workers. We cut the vinyl out with a motorized saw blade fabric cutter, but the edges were sharp. So, the boss decided we needed to cover the edges with bias tape. I tried the cheap folders that were readily available from sewing machine dealers, but they couldn't navigate the inside curves of armholes. So, I went and talked to the dealer where I got the machine and he sent me to a guy who custom made folders. The guy had me bring the cutout vest parts and the bias tape. He made us a right angle folder that laid the tape into the material perfectly, whether on inside or outside curves or straightaways. The advantage of using the Juki was that it didn't lose stitch length. I sewed at 4 to the inch on some parts and 5 to the inch on others. I just turned the dial. I never experienced any problems with the path of the platter holding the tape roll to the folder. Fortunately, we didn't need a cylinder arm machine for those workers' vests.

Another advantage of the walking foot machine was that I just swung the folder out of the way to sew on reflective tape and official patches. Again, it maintained the desired stitch length. You can't beat a compound feed walking foot machine when sewing difficult or slippery materials.