It was about time I tidied up my mess of tools.  It hasn't been easy lately , so  I've been spending a bit more time on here and keeping my mind occupied. Real estate in my workshop is at a prime, so I had to keep it compact . 

Turned out alright  ,  after stuff up after stuff up.... It was an old  souvenir spoon display rack, so I re-purposed it.  A new backing was needed .  The  old wood was a little brittle , it kept breaking, hence stuff ups. I eliminated  all the  repeated tools , and picked out all the  ' most used'  tools.  Surprised how many repeated tools I have.  The remainder will be put into a box.

HS

New Tool Rack.gif

8 minutes ago, Handstitched said:

It was about time I tidied up my mess of tools.  It hasn't been easy lately , so  I've been spending a bit more time on here and keeping my mind occupied. Real estate in my workshop is at a prime, so I had to keep it compact . 

Turned out alright  ,  after stuff up after stuff up.... It was an old  souvenir spoon display rack, so I re-purposed it.  A new backing was needed .  The  old wood was a little brittle , it kept breaking, hence stuff ups. I eliminated  all the  repeated tools , and picked out all the  ' most used'  tools.  Surprised how many repeated tools I have.  The remainder will be put into a box.

HS

New Tool Rack.gif

that did make a nice tool board my friend. now you'll have more time to work instead of looking for tools lol.

Yo Handstitched, I had a red cedar horse hitching post that was removed from a garden area, it then sat in my driveway for eight years. I finally made a four-step tool holder out of half the length and the other half is a standing totem pole tool holder, I’ll post pictures later on today 

@Handstitched good job. Good thinking re-purposing the spoon rack

By coincidence, I just cleared three work tables of odd tools and leather crowding them. No excuses, just laziness.  Tools went back into their proper places. Multiples went into a small tool box.

Two crafters, 1/2 a world apart, and we do the same job at almost the same time :)

@Handstitched, nicely done.

kgg

On 7/19/2023 at 7:21 PM, chuck123wapati said:

now you'll have more time to work instead of looking for tools lol.

That was the thinking behind it. Too much time wasted looking for tools. 

21 hours ago, fredk said:

Two crafters, 1/2 a world apart, and we do the same job at almost the same time

Great minds think alike friend :yes:

22 hours ago, Doc Reaper said:

I’ll post pictures later on today 

I much prefer to re-use than throw away, even the old rotten back board I might keep....just in case  :)

@kgg thank you very much  :)

HS