fredk

Holster pattern for a Walther PPK required

Anyone know where I can get a pattern for a Walther PPK?

It needs to be a flapped holster, WW2 style

I got asked to make one today. Its needed soon as well. Nowt like putting on the pressure

Is it a specific pattern of holster for a PPK you're after or just "a" flap holster for a PPK? I may have seen one to fit a PPK in one of the Stohlman books.

It occurs to me that the PPK is a fairly flat pistol and not very large. All else failing you could print a 100% scale picture of one, cut it from some wood of the same thickness or a bit more, ease the edges, and you'd have a fairly accurate dummy to pattern off.

What Matt said plus the holster is not a custom fit but so a decent copy would be easy. there is a mag pocket fitted to the side that will be fun. There are tons of pictures on the net to go by.

Thanks chaps

Due to UK laws I can't have the pistol at home so I think I'll draw around it, the way AS shows in his making holsters book, and photo it. Maybe make a wood copy in shape as you suggest

I've seen the photos on t'ineret. I'll print some of them off.

The client insists that the holster has to have the German eagle and swastika on it but I've not seen a photo of an original with that on

That historic holster looks to be a little tricky.  With double flaps, cut outs and mag pouch all in one.  I don't have an actual ppk but I do have a copy.  But not a copy of the historic holster.  Below are the basic dimensions if it helps if not read no further.  

Dimensions 155 mm by 110 mm.  Slide width front 23 mm at serrations 25 mm, depth 28.5 mm.  Barrel in front of trigger guard 45 mm.  Depth at trigger guard 57 mm. 

Angle of handle to barrel is about 108 degrees.  It begins 50.8 mm from front of trigger guard so about 96 mm from the front. It is also about 50 mm wide.  Depending on the grips the handle circumference is about 130 mm.  

Magazine is 25 mm x 9.5 mm x 95 mm.  It also has an angle to match the handle. 

Picture from internet search.  I did see one in the search with the symbol above the keeper tab.  

Image result for historic german ppk ww2 holster

Edited by bland
added content

Thanks, it all helps

oh, thanks, I didn't know it was a double flap in that manner

I've noticed that the retaining strap can be of two ways; stud low and strap down to it, or stud high and the strap goes up to it

You can download an STL file of the PPK from thingiverse.com. Printing that would be easier than trying to create a wooden form from a picture.

Thanks, I'll look into that