Jeremy84

Hello from Oswego New York

Hello my first introduction to leather work was in Boy Scouts back in 1999…I did just enough to earn the merit badge then didn’t touch it again until spring of 2021 when I needed an axe sheath.  That simple project led to several others and a desire to be able to create something special. 

I’ve been a firefighter for 20 years, this year marked my departments 75th anniversary, I decided to take the plunge and attempted to build a leather helmet to display in the station to commemorate the occasion. It came out better that I expected and everyone was very impressed by it when I presented it at our anniversary party. Seems pretty cool that something that I built will be enjoyed by our firefighters for years to come. 

IMG_7201.jpeg

IMG_7204.jpeg

IMG_7206.jpeg

Looks great!

Excellent work.

kgg

That's beautiful and unique!  Lots to take in regarding its construction and finish.  The copper "peak" reminds me of my father who worked with copper and silver as a hobby.  I use his polished hammer and few other tools in my leatherwork.  Thanks for sharing.  

That looks awesome! Great work!

Very nice! 

Fantastic work!!!