SpruceMoose

Brass Swivel Snaps/Hooks Suppliers

Anyone find any suppliers that have better prices than BuckleGuy for bulk purchases? Preferably Canadian.

I find it's getting harder to find good prices, everyone is jacking up solid brass hardware prices. Like 5-6 bucks for 1? Ridiculous. 

I buy from Canada and still find the conversation cheaper than some of the Canadian sources I've found. For quality and style options.

I've scoured the internet but thought maybe one you have found some little hidden source, a stretch I know!

I've already looked through the stickied supplier list.

Open to international outside of North America, but wary of quality, it can be hit or miss.

Thanks!

Laederiet.com or pethardware.com

Laederiet is based in Denmark.

Pethardware is based in Czeckia. 

I don't know if their prices are better than what you can find in Canada, but to me they are quite OK.

I buy almost all my stuff from laederiet, and they have good products, but price and quality go hand in hand here as well. I have no idea how much it would be in postage though.

Brgds

Jonas

10 hours ago, Mulesaw said:

Laederiet.com or pethardware.com

Laederiet is based in Denmark.

Pethardware is based in Czeckia. 

I don't know if their prices are better than what you can find in Canada, but to me they are quite OK.

I buy almost all my stuff from laederiet, and they have good products, but price and quality go hand in hand here as well. I have no idea how much it would be in postage though.

Brgds

Jonas

Thanks! Probably a little too far away. I do love buckleguys quality and prices, but every once in a while i get dinged bad with customs and duties.

12 hours ago, Burkhardt said:

You ever tried  https://www.stecksstore.com

Checked them out before, mostly plated stuff. I try to only use solid brass. Thanks though

I did find a nice Canadian source in case anyone sees this thread and also in search: https://shop.aaronmartin.com/Hardware/folder/355 they are a harness/saddlery hardware supply. Great prices and selection, and actually categorized from light to heavy duty. Stainless, some plate and brass

Hello from next door, I'm in NS. I buy a lot of my hardware from Atlantic Leather in Moncton. Gil has the best prices I have found in Canada. I don't know what part of NB you're in, but I drive up a couple of times a year to check out his leather stock, as he gets some nice deals at times. Gil Vineham 506-856-6837.

22 hours ago, Gump said:

Hello from next door, I'm in NS. I buy a lot of my hardware from Atlantic Leather in Moncton. Gil has the best prices I have found in Canada. I don't know what part of NB you're in, but I drive up a couple of times a year to check out his leather stock, as he gets some nice deals at times. Gil Vineham 506-856-6837.

Thanks, i've never heard of that place before, it loos like they don not generally advertise to the public. I go to Cain's tack shop in dieppe, they have some good stock, but lacking in the solid brass.

Gil runs a one man show, and runs it out of his house. Give him a call, he loves to talk shop.

5 minutes ago, Gump said:

Gil runs a one man show, and runs it out of his house. Give him a call, he loves to talk shop.

Thanks again, I seen you other post in supplies and commented on the dyes as well. I hope fiebings won't become hard to get.

Gil has Fiebings much cheaper than Tandy.