RVM45

Are Basket-Weave Stampers Negligent!?!

back to the original point, I dont do a LOT of basket stamp, but when I do, I leave the back side of the holster (wearer side) SMOOTH, UNSTAMPED.  Nothing to do with lazy - I want a smooth surface to glue down the belt loop to.

That's the sort of detail that shows the item was truly customized and built with passion. If I were decorating a holster for myself or as a gift, I would put every ounce of love into it that I could squeeze out of my withered little heart. It would be an art piece, secondary only to being functional. But, if I was aiming to hawk holsters at a Friday night expo or some Web shop that literally no one ever checks, nah, I'm not pouring my time into prettying up a piece of it that will never be seen.

They do not hand polish lacquer on the bottom of a dinning room table. Nor do they paint the back side of a portrait. Some makers will, if you want to pay them for it. I am sure if someone wanted a maker to stamp a holster inside, outside, and backside some would happily oblige and bill the their time accordingly.

Not doing what customers will not pay for is not lazy.

DAve

It seems to me people are getting too wound up about someone else's work.  If I don't (or do) basket stamp the back of a holster, why does it matter to you unless you are the buyer( or the maker).  If I don't like how you did your work, who cares unless I am your target demographic?  I really am having trouble understanding why this is such a big deal and quite a long running thread.  As usual, JM2C.  Jim