Aven

Seam Gauges for Patterning

Does anyone know of another source for a set of seam gauges other than ZegZug?  Google only finds sewing gauges when I search. 

Thanks

Gauges.png

Forgive my ignorance Aven but I'll never be too old to learn. Never seen these before, how are they used?

They are typically used to design shoe upper patterns and to mark the upper leathers.

They are used the same way you would use dividers to mark a line parallel to an edge, without having to reset the dividers each time the allowance changes.  

7 minutes ago, Aven said:

They are typically used to design shoe upper patterns and to mark the upper leathers.

They are used the same way you would use dividers to mark a line parallel to an edge, without having to reset the dividers each time the allowance changes.  

make your own set.

17 minutes ago, Aven said:

I'm not setup for metal working, which is why I asked if anyone knew of another place to purchase them.

I've spent about an hour looking I cant find any thing like them. i can see they are expensive on that site due to the nice craftsman ship no doubt, they are nicely made.

You could buy several cheapo wing dividers and set them and leave them.

You could make them from about anything not necessarily metal.

You could take an old set of dinner forks and tweak the tines to the desired widths, crab / lobster forks maybe even.

That's great ingenuity.