Gosut

Power Recliner Wiring Connectors

Have recently been involved in repairing the controls of two identical power recliners. I happened to have the original part number for the control, and ordered one to make sure it was the right one before ordering two. Good thing: It was the right part, but a previous "repair" had destroyed the connectors to the seat and back massage motors. The seat massage motor wire may even be cut. Whoever worked on this installed a control that let the chair up and down, noting more, and didn't bother unscrewing the control box from the side of the chair - just cut the wires and left it in place. I can sort of understand that part, especially if the plan was to install the proper control later, but not what was done to the wires to the seat and back massage motors. Installed the control I ordered on the other power recliner and got it going. The wires were intact on that one so it was a simple replacement.

Have ordered a different control for the other chair that will allow it to raise and lower, but would like to do a full repair. The problem is the cable plugs / sockets have stumped me. They are rectangular, two-wire, with one socket round and the other "D" shaped. They seem common among power recliner remotes, but haven't been able to find them. Plan B calls for replacing them with a plug / sockets I can find locally, but that also means doing the same with the proper control unit. Would really like to get it back the way it was.

Any suggestions? A huge problem is I don't know exactly what the plugs /sockets are called. They may be AMP Mini-Fit, Jr 2-Way connectors, but I don't know.

Thanks.

PS: Gripe Ahead.

I really don't understand the butchered wiring on one of the chairs. There was no call for it. I can understand using a "get by" control to make the raise / lower part operational, but not what was done to the wires to the massage motors. Whomever worked on the second didn't have a 100% compatible control, but at least didn't cut the massage motor wires. That's how it should be done.

Try asking at a general automotive supply shop for those connectors. I've seen similar in SAAB and BMW cars 

That's a good idea. Will try that. Thanks.

Call the manufacture of the chair and ask to be transferred to the technical department

Explain the problem and ask them for the name of the connector, then inquire as to where they purchase their connectors