Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul P

Looking for guitar strap maker

Guest Paul P

Hi, 

Im new to this forum and this is my first post.

I am looking for someone that would be interested in making some guitar straps for me. 

Pretty much a duplication of this one.  well I think I have to reply to my post to put the pics in.

im new here...

To post/upload a file you must become a member of the forum. Otherwise, host it elsewhere and link to it in a reply.

Hi everyone,

im now an offical member :) 

This guitar strap is my favorite out of all the guitar straps I've ever had. I got it long after the store closed in Alabama.

Levy's no longer makes it.

If anyone is interested in duplicating this strap please let me know.

I will be staring an online used guitar store in 2024 and would love to sell this strap and also I wouldn't mind having a few more for myself.

I would be looking for 5 - 10 straps at first I think.

Thanks for reading,

Paul

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

On 11/30/2023 at 9:36 AM, Paul514 said:

Hi everyone,

im now an offical member :)

This guitar strap is my favorite out of all the guitar straps I've ever had. I got it long after the store closed in Alabama.

Levy's no longer makes it.

If anyone is interested in duplicating this strap please let me know.

I will be staring an online used guitar store in 2024 and would love to sell this strap and also I wouldn't mind having a few more for myself.

I would be looking for 5 - 10 straps at first I think.

Thanks for reading,

Paul

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

I have braided much leather, but if you want to sell some tooled guitar straps, let me know, and I can show you some of my work.

I'll take a look at them.

I am really looking for this braided strap through.    

38 minutes ago, Paul514 said:

I'll take a look at them.

I am really looking for this braided strap through.    

I think that braid technique is called a magic braid. If you need to investigate further.

On 12/8/2023 at 1:15 PM, DieselTech said:

I think that braid technique is called a magic braid. If you need to investigate further.

Not magic (or trick) braid, has billets sewn over the braided ends.  With magic braid, there wouldn't be any billets sewn on top the braid.

Looks like an 8 strand flat braid.  Bruce Grant's Leather Braiding book has examples of 6, 7, and 9 thong flat braids.  His Encyclopedia of Rawhide and Leather Braiding has the same flat braids.  Both books are well worth the money if you are interested in braiding.

There are lots of YouTube videos available as well.

On 12/8/2023 at 3:48 PM, Northmount said:

Not magic (or trick) braid, has billets sewn over the braided ends.  With magic braid, there wouldn't be any billets sewn on top the braid.

Looks like an 8 strand flat braid.  Bruce Grant's Leather Braiding book has examples of 6, 7, and 9 thong flat braids.  His Encyclopedia of Rawhide and Leather Braiding has the same flat braids.  Both books are well worth the money if you are interested in braiding.

There are lots of YouTube videos available as well.

Thanks I should of researched it some more before commenting about what technique it was. 

Guest G A Johnson

The sign up is not working properly. I do not braid guitar straps. I design and custom tool them. Everyone is the only one in the world. So if you want something different? Let me know.

Guest G A Johnson

I would try and make one for you but it would cost around a couple hundred for sure materials and labor.

5 minutes ago, Guest G A Johnson said:

I would try and make one for you but it would cost around a couple hundred for sure materials and labor.

I know you tried to sign up and failed. So, if you want to contact a person looking to hire a leathercrafter, you can post your email address, but obscure it to hide it from harvester bots. Here's an example: joe dot james at somemail dot com. This doesn't work against humans, just bots.

Try signing up again, but disable any script blockers. Also, make sure you check any checkboxes to agree to our terms.