Michael Sheldon

Applying Tokonole

For the past couple years, I've been using Tokonole for edge-burnishing, and I love the results. But, I kinda hate applying it to edges. It's thick, and can be messy. I've done it with fingertip (decent control, but messy), diluted in paint pens (Just never worked well for me, slow, pens clog, etc), and with edge applicator rollers (OK, but not great).
Today, I might have had a brainstorm...

Has anyone tried using a GlueBot? Specifically, the smallest one, the BabeBot?
https://www.fastcap.com/product/glubot-family?cat=49

I use the BabeBot for applying glue to laser-cut parts, and it delivers glue very controllably, and precisely. I was thinking about it today, and realized Tokonole is about the same consistency as PVA glue. Thought I'd ask if anyone had tried this before I order another one.

I use a simple small paint brush (stationary, not home depot).

5 hours ago, Klara said:

I use a simple small paint brush (stationary, not home depot).

i use a paint brush for edges also but i use the tip of the handle dipped into the edge paint and  laid sideways along the edge of the leather. 

I used to do it with my fingers and sometimes still do so, but recently I started to use a marker with a rollerball tip (I also diluted it with distilled water, otherwise it would be too thick.). The brand is MOLOTOW, but there are probably similar ones from other manufacturers. No problems with clogging so far. 

For larger areas I use the same spreader I use for glue. The spreading part is made of silicone and easy to clean.