Zeekar

Presser feet - Pfaff

Hi all.

I bought some basic feet for my 1245 from Ebay and the standard foot was a bust. Hole for the set screw was too narrow. Two other feet I bought were L/R zipper feet:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165955172718

These actually fit on the machine but they are so narrow that the outside foot is actually on the feed dog by a couple 1/10s of a mm. This doesnt seem right. Or am I overcomplicating? Id like to know before I start a reimbursment process and send the feet back to china. 

Thnx.

I got an edge guide presser foot for my birthday from China.  It was listed as working on the Pfaff 545, well it didn't.  The hole on the rear presser was in the wrong place and the whole foot was too long, the needle presser was too long by quite a bit.  I contacted them to discuss the problem, they quickly refunded my money and told me to keep the part as it would not be cost effective to ship it back.  They suggested another edge guide but I had already ordered a replacement from another company.  This one fits just fine and has a brand name of CKPSMS, I would think other feet of that brand would fit the Pfaff as well.  Not sure what brand you bought but maybe this information can help -

Check with Kwok Hing and order feet for them.  They are in Hong Kong and ship the States.  Very good quality.  You buy genuine Pfaff, they will not be chea.

glenn

I bought them from CKPSMS. They are very supportive and open in communication so for now no issues there.  Im just wondering if im over complicating things with the zipper feet. Ive attached pictures from both feet and how they lie on the feed dogs

20231218_221427.jpg

20231218_221119.jpg

Maybe you can find a narrower feed dog and throat plate to accommodate that narrow foot set.

Why would the width of the feed dog matter, especially that little?  There will be leather between upper foot and the feed dog.  Just asking.

I was thinking the outside presser foot presses on the area where the feed dog is and interfers with its motion/doesnt actually exert enough pressure to keep the material in place since the feed dog moves underneath. 

@Wizcrafts I havent really found any narrower feed dog/throat plate combinations if I do thats also one option.

Edited by Zeekar

Just for my clarification - doesn't the outer presser foot pinch the material between it and the throat plate while the needle foot and feed dog separate from the material and move towards the back, then they clamp the material while the needle comes down while the outer foot raises up to release the material?  Remember I'm new to this and just trying to picture the motion of everything.  If what I'm saying is true, then is the width of the outer foot all that critical as it should still be able to pinch the material, especially if its a thicker leather.  I'm also assuming the narrow outer foot is to be able to fit within a zipper?  I should look up a youtube video on sewing a zipper into something .... 

Yes. My worry was that the presser foot wont do its function because its not over the throat plate. I did another batch of stiches and it seems to be working ok for now.