DieselTech

Leather weave punches

Guys & gals I ran across these leather weaving punches & thought I would share them on here. 

How cool are these? Beautiful weave pattern. 

Any of you professional leather crafters seen these or used them?

Sorry for no link. But here is a pic. 

I think I'll order a set & see how bad I might cuss them or like them. LOL!

phpLsu7r3PM.jpg

Also forgot to add I believe they come with a acrylic grid template for a straight & angled weave patterns. 

8 hours ago, DieselTech said:

Guys & gals I ran across these leather weaving punches & thought I would share them on here. 

How cool are these? Beautiful weave pattern. 

Any of you professional leather crafters seen these or used them?

Sorry for no link. But here is a pic. 

I think I'll order a set & see how bad I might cuss them or like them. LOL!

phpLsu7r3PM.jpg

That is interesting, I don't think I have ever seen anything like this. Let us know how it works out.

Direct from WUTA they are a lower price. I am not affiliated in anyway. When something interests me I shop. I was the primary purchaser for a utility construction company. 

https://wutaleather.com/products/weaving_hole_punch

I've seen them on ebay but I have enuf tools

or do I ?

11 minutes ago, fredk said:

I've seen them on ebay but I have enuf tools

or do I ?

There is no such number as 'enuf'. My wife told me I have enuf rifles. I laughed for a long time at that one.

I just bought a 7mm one on ebay for £2.19 (inc taxes and s&h)

1 hour ago, fredk said:

Totally thought for a second you meant a 7mm caliber rifle.

I also thought at first this thread was about a tool for hair weave. My brain is not firing properly right now. 

On 1/4/2024 at 8:53 PM, fredk said:

It arrived yesterday

tbh I think one of my French skivers would do the job just as well

Well, I bought the set direct from WUTA, have not used them, BECAUSE WUTA failed to send the plastic templates. Have been trying to get them since Jan 11. I threated to dispute payment, they then got serious. First they said here, and sent pdf. Not acceptable. Then they said the 8mm is out of stock, yet they still offer the set of four with template on their website. Waiting to hurt another unsuspecting customer. They offered the 7,9,10 and a note pad. Said have no need for note pad. So, send the 3, they offered refund for the missing 8mm, but please assist them in removing the refuse payment. I told them its on hold. They said, they still see it, remove it and they will send. I just emailed them back, saying they are lying because I have not yet disputed the payment, but I am going to now, since I know they can not be believed.

I have seen good reviews on many of the WUTA products, but I do not think buying direct from them is a good idea.

@Wepster they also sell on Amazon and it's worth the extra paid at times like this.

I find that Owden tools are good, I like them better than Wuta although Wuta seems to have a wider range. I have the Owden punches and they are sharp out of the box and retain that edge. Also via Amazon though. 

Edited by SUP

1 hour ago, SUP said:

@Wepster they also sell on Amazon and it's worth the extra paid at times like this.

I find that Owden tools are good, I like them better than Wuta although Wuta seems to have a wider range. I have the Owden punches and they are sharp out of the box and retain that edge. Also via Amazon though. 

I have now bookmarked them, thank you.

1 hour ago, SUP said:

6 minutes ago, Wepster said:

I have now bookmarked them, thank you.

Yeah I have the owden premium edge bevelers they are awesome. I also got a few other owden tools & they are nice. 

The Wuta tools are nice as well & I got a few of them. But I only buy them thru amazon. 

Wuta premium line of tools are a bit pricey, but they are super nice.