p51p28

Wide Mouth Shoulder Bag Bars?

Hello everyone. Can someone please tell me what the piece of hardware on shoulder/tool bags that allow them to be remain open at the top? Wide mouth bars? Anyone know where to get them? Appreciate it

Ohio Travel Bag, part of Weaver, Buckle Guy, and google purse hardware, many options

22 minutes ago, p51p28 said:

Hello everyone. Can someone please tell me what the piece of hardware on shoulder/tool bags that allow them to be remain open at the top? Wide mouth bars? Anyone know where to get them? Appreciate it

p51p28 . . . I just had to say "thank you" for the giggle this morning . . . as I read "wide mouth bars" . . .  the image I caught was basically any Navy town . . .  and the closer the bar was to the docks . . .  the wider mouthed the folks were there . . . I know that is not what you meant . . . but being an old Vietnam Navy boy . . . that was my first thought and I had to laugh at it.

But back to your question . . . if you took some kydex plastic (Tandy sells it) or for that matter even some PVC plastic . . . cut it in strips an inch or so wide . . . wrapped them in 3/4 oz veg tan . . . sewed a seam only on one edge . . . you would have a pretty stout bar . . . and all you have to do is leave a tab on each end on each side for a rivet . . . and your problem is solved.

If that won't work . . . pop a picture up . . . we'll all take another look at it.  But my electrician's tool pouches I wore for years only had a piece of 9/10 oz veg tan . . . and it  held them together and open for as long as I had them.

May God bless,

Dwight

Hey p51

Are you looking for those spring type that pop open, pop closed ?

I found these with some terminology help from the people here.

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-Metal-Internal-Flex-Frame-Kiss-Clasp-Lock.html?spm=a2g0o.home.search.0

And I found a bunch of how-tos on youtube by searching for flex frame.

Mark

the thin metal band ones where you squeeze the jointed ends work to stay closed. They are springs so only open when squeezed.

Guess the OP lost interest.

Edited by Wepster