ordineconfusus

Med Alert Cuff with pocket

Well, a few months ago, my dad had mentioned something about me making a wrist cuff for him, after figuring out what he wanted (he's not the kind of guy who would come out and ask for anything), turns out that he wanted a cuff with the med-alert symbol, and a pocket in the back to keep his medical info.

Well, here it is, he thinks it's the greatest thing ever, and never takes it off. (Well....that might defeat the purpose of it, I guess....)

MedAlert.png

post-4963-1231988209_thumb.png

That's ingenious! Nicely done.

Very nice!

"Necessity is the Mother of Invention" -Ben Franklin?

:thumbsup:

Fabulous idea!

That is a great idea and looks great. I just hope if he ever needs it (hopefully not) that the paramedics will realize to look inside of it.

you maybe on to something there, I have need of a med-alert bracelet and nice ones for men are hard to find. I can say in all my searching I have never seen one like that, I bet if you advertised those you could sell a bunch! Nicely done!

Thanks for the compliments, everyone =o)

That is a great idea and looks great. I just hope if he ever needs it (hopefully not) that the paramedics will realize to look inside of it.

I hope so, too....I checked with a few EMTs I know, and asked them what they'd do if they saw something like that on a patient, they said, they'd check to see if there was anything on the back, like a normal Med Alert bracelet. I showed them the back, and they went right to the pocket, so...if it's ever needed, it seems like it will work.

I like it!

Being trained for first aid for work, if I had to respond to someone having a problem something like what you made would get my attention long before the small little necklaces or bracelets, and I do look for them on people that I work with.

Keep it up! :spoton:

Thanks for the compliments, everyone =o)

I hope so, too....I checked with a few EMTs I know, and asked them what they'd do if they saw something like that on a patient, they said, they'd check to see if there was anything on the back, like a normal Med Alert bracelet. I showed them the back, and they went right to the pocket, so...if it's ever needed, it seems like it will work.

Thats great, sounds like it will work just fine then.

I love the idea. Even if you don't "need" to wear one for any serious reason I think you'd still find a nitch with bikers that would like having that information handy anywhere they happened to be riding. I know I want to make one now.

great idea i wish i would of thought of somthing like that i will have to mak me somthing like that for my self (diabetic)

A very clever idea. So much so that I'm going to look at providing materials and instructions to the Diabetes camp my son attends.

Last year they could make a wrist band or book mark. Generic stuff with limited instruction.

He wears his Medic Alert ID around his neck - less likely of coming off in an accident - but a "cool" wrist wrap would be just the thing for children and youth.

Guess I'll have to invest in some skull stamps :P

Thanks!