Recently purchased a 153k103 cylinder arm walking foot machine. The machine worked fine days before I picked it up and brought it over to my place. The walking foot is stuck in the up position and lever behind it isn’t working, no tension. The pedal is connected as should be but I don’t feel any tension whenever the pedal is pressed, I have a feeling something is stuck. Not much of a mechanic and the manuals don’t explain much on these matters. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_0369.jpeg

Put some oil in the bushings there's an upper & lower one where the bar runs through.Then push or tap on the foot & it should go down.Don't loosen the circled screw.

17 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

Put some oil in the bushings there's an upper & lower one where the bar runs through.Then push or tap on the foot & it should go down.Don't loosen the circled screw.

No luck, the walking foot isn’t budging at all, whenever I firmly press the pedal those 2 components move slightly IMG_0372.thumb.jpeg.c621f931f6c76527423d1c1d2e6dc8ba.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Lgbrs9 said:

No luck, the walking foot isn’t budging at all, whenever I firmly press the pedal those 2 components move slightly IMG_0372.thumb.jpeg.c621f931f6c76527423d1c1d2e6dc8ba.jpeg

If you lift the lever for the walking foot behind the machine the components also slightly move

Put some oil on the bar just ahead of the lower circled part,you could try tapping on the rightside of the L-piece just above the small bar.One more thing to look at is on the first pic,you have a lifter bar that picks the foot up,take it off & the then take the big headed screw out & look at the bottom,there's a release pin there that could of slipped backwards holding it up.

Edited by CowboyBob

9 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

Put some oil on the bar just ahead of the lower circled part,you could try tapping on the rightside of the L-piece just above the small bar.One more thing to look at is on the first pic,you have a lifter bar that picks the foot up,take it off & the then take the big headed screw out & look at the bottom,there's a release pin there that could of slipped backwards holding it up.

Can this be said pin? 

IMG_0374.jpeg

Yes,push it in.

IMG_0374.jpeg

Edited by CowboyBob

On 1/9/2024 at 6:26 AM, CowboyBob said:

Yes,push it in.

IMG_0374.jpeg

everything worked fine, last night ran into some issues again. Machine was stitching fine then suddenly the walking foot wouldn’t lift. The presser foot would move fine but the walking foot was stuck,no walking whatsoever, as I tried fiddling with it I got the presser foot to go up and now it is stuck in the up position. The release lever and button won’t drop it and I can’t seem to find the area that’s causing this to happen. 

2 hours ago, Lgbrs9 said:

everything worked fine, last night ran into some issues again. Machine was stitching fine then suddenly the walking foot wouldn’t lift. The presser foot would move fine but the walking foot was stuck,no walking whatsoever, as I tried fiddling with it I got the presser foot to go up and now it is stuck in the up position. The release lever and button won’t drop it and I can’t seem to find the area that’s causing this to happen. 

What I also noticed is that the bobbin isnt moving while I turn the wheel

15 minutes ago, Lgbrs9 said:

https://ibb.co/6Rf9Fzz
https://ibb.co/b3p0xrT

links to photos of current situation

Please post your photo files here.  Using 3rd party hosts often results in the the photos disappearing and rendering the post useless in the future.

You may need to resize the photos to fit the restrictions here.  800 pixels in the longest dimension is quite adequate and results in files smal enough that several may be posted in a singe post.

Some helps and suggestions in this thread.  Lots of Apps, software, online converters, etc. on the web too.  Please post as jpegs.

4 minutes ago, Northmount said:

Please post your photo files here.  Using 3rd party hosts often results in the the photos disappearing and rendering the post useless in the future.

You may need to resize the photos to fit the restrictions here.  800 pixels in the longest dimension is quite adequate and results in files smal enough that several may be posted in a singe post.

Some helps and suggestions in this thread.  Lots of Apps, software, online converters, etc. on the web too.  Please post as jpegs.

Thank you. 

This is what the machine is like now. Presser foot stuck up. Can’t get it down release button is no help either. Walking foot wasn’t walking before and somehow got my presser foot stuck up. Don’t want to touch anything else and make things worse. 

IMG_0448.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Lgbrs9 said:

This is what the machine is like now. Presser foot stuck up. Can’t get it down release button is no help either. Walking foot wasn’t walking before and somehow got my presser foot stuck up. Don’t want to touch anything else and make things worse. 

IMG_0448.jpeg

Loosen this screw & push the foot down where it needs to be so it pushes the outside one up.

20240125_124711.jpg

Edited by CowboyBob

Yep  Walk on the feet height is out of sync.

glenn

10 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

Loosen this screw & push the foot down where it needs to be so it pushes the outside one up.

20240125_124711.jpg

Suggestions on getting it loose without stripping the screw? She’s pretty stuck. Oiled it good too.

Use a large screwdriver that fits in there tightly & you could put a wrench on it while pushing down on the screwdriver will work.

@Lgbrs9

You can buy a large blade, wide handle screwdriver from your local hardware store. I have one with a blade that's almost 1/2 inch wide, and a rubber covered handle that's almost 2 inches in diameter. That screwdriver will loosen bolts like the one you need to deal with.

Got the screw loose, presser foot isn’t budging yet. Is there any other screws I’d have to get to to get it to drop?

8 hours ago, Lgbrs9 said:

Got the screw loose, presser foot isn’t budging yet. Is there any other screws I’d have to get to to get it to drop?

It's possible the inside foot bar is stuck & needs some oil.You should be able to push on the linkage @ the end of the pen & push the inside pressure bar down.Look how far down this one is compared to yours.

20240127_084044.jpg

2 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

It's possible the inside foot bar is stuck & needs some oil.You should be able to push on the linkage @ the end of the pen & push the inside pressure bar down.Look how far down this one is compared to yours.

20240127_084044.jpg

I can lift it up a bit but can’t get it to go down, 

20 hours ago, Lgbrs9 said:

I can lift it up a bit but can’t get it to go down, 

When it's up put oil on the shaft(right where it goes into the casting that it rides in) & try to push it down,try it a few times to get the oil worked into the part.

13 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

When it's up put oil on the shaft(right where it goes into the casting that it rides in) & try to push it down,try it a few times to get the oil worked into the part.

So far no luck unfortunately 

13 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

Any other screws I can loosen up to make it drop? 

Does it work if you press that pin in again? That pin is what presses on the upper thread tensioner to release the tension when the foot is up.   There should be a large headed screw and a sheet metal  bracket that presses the pin when the foot is lifted.  

You aught to be able to temporarily pull the pin all the way out for testing.

Picture #1 shows that the arm that raises the feet when you press the pedal isn't even contacting the feet mechanism.   Picture #1 you see two dark arms coming from the left. The lower one is the tension arm for the main foot tension. The upper one is what lifts when you use the knee lift.  In some of your pics it's been removed. The knee lift is disabled without that arm. 

Reading, it sounds like it works some times, then suddenly jams stuck up.  That suggests to me something is getting out of alignment and holding the main foot up. 

When it's jammed up, look at where the spring presses on the collar on the main foot shaft.   If that collar slips on the shaft, I could imaging the main foot getting stuck high. 

The main foot will be up when the inner foot is down pressing on the feed dog.  They rock back and forth.  For the main foot to touch down, the inner foot needs to be in the air.