Sign in to follow this  
bigsig11010

Juki 1541 clone speed reducer issue

I have a Typical that is basically a clone of the juki 1541. I swapped clutch motor to servo that helped but not enough so today I added speed reducer but it really didn't work like those I see on YouTube. I'd like to be able to do one stitch at a time. With servo turned down it doesn't go at all then when  turn servo up enough to go then it's faster than I want especially to go around corners etc. I have a very short video if I can post if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. 

Well it won't let.me attach video

14 hours ago, bigsig11010 said:

I have a Typical that is basically a clone of the juki 1541. I swapped clutch motor to servo that helped but not enough so today I added speed reducer but it really didn't work like those I see on YouTube. I'd like to be able to do one stitch at a time. With servo turned down it doesn't go at all then when  turn servo up enough to go then it's faster than I want especially to go around corners etc. I have a very short video if I can post if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. 

Ok let's try this. 

14 hours ago, bigsig11010 said:

The small pulley on the motor should go to the large pulley on the speed reducer.  You want to slow things down, so you want the motor pulley to make many turns to get one turn out of the speed reducer.  Same goes for the belt from the speed reducer to the sewing machine pulley.

What you have now is attempting to speed up your machine, and reduces the torque so it can't start on its own, needing you to give it a push to get started.

Ahhhh. Thank you so much!!

You might also want to adjust your servo motor speed dial a little higher, I've heard others on this forum say they have their set around 6 (I think), what that does is give you a range of speed from 0 to 6 where 6 is the max it will run.  Allowing the motor to have a range sort of spreads your speed out making it easier to do one stitch at a time if that makes any sense.  I would give it a try with different settings once you install the belts the right way -

I had one of those servo's.  Eventually swapped it out for a digital one.  It seem to have more low speed torque.   When I had the servo like yours, I installed a smaller pulley on the servo itself and that slowed it down enough for me to go stitch by stitch.