DieselTech

Tri-fold Wallet

Guys & gals here is my 1st tri-fold wallet. There are some mistakes, & I had to skip edge beveling the card pockets. Did not have a edge beveler small enough for the 2oz calf skin. 

I found out 2oz calf skin is kinda hard to work with.

Lol more tools to buy, now that I know i need it. 

It did not turn out 2 bad & I'm satisfied with my 1st results. 2nd wallet will be better. I'm going to change a few things around on the next wallet. 

Thanks for looking. 

phpPTfDWBPM.jpg

phpgBBWMqPM.jpg

Gorgeous for a first version. Like really. My first... well... let's say I don't have it any more (trash) and.... don't even do tri-folds any more. You've done great. 

58 minutes ago, NatesLeatherGds said:

Gorgeous for a first version. Like really. My first... well... let's say I don't have it any more (trash) and.... don't even do tri-folds any more. You've done great. 

Yeah there was alot of firsts for me on this wallet. T-pockets being 1.  It's a tandy pattern, & I changed the stitch length from 3mm to 5mm. Next 1 I will change up a bit more by sewing all away around the perimeter of the wallet. It will be a bit harder to do that, but well worth the effort. 

Thanks for encouragement & shall see how the next 1 turns out. 

Looks good. I like your plan to stitch all the way around on the next one. I generally like 5 stitches per inch, which I think is close to 5 mm. Good work.

1 hour ago, MarshalWill said:

Looks good. I like your plan to stitch all the way around on the next one. I generally like 5 stitches per inch, which I think is close to 5 mm. Good work.

Thank I appreciate your input. Yeah I think also I will radius the top 2 corners as well. 

3 hours ago, DieselTech said:

Thank I appreciate your input. Yeah I think also I will radius the top 2 corners as well. 

Another good idea. Can't wait to see your next one.

Ya did a good job on that billfold . . . and you took care of my only criticism . . . the corners.  They'll get dog eared in a hurry.

A number of years ago . . . fellow asked me to re-create a billfold he had had since his daughter was very small . . . and he could not find one anywhere like it.

I told him the only way I could do that was if I had the old one to go by . . . he started pulling cards . . . cash . . . pictures . . . yanked it all . . . handed me the old one and asked how long.

A short time later it was in the mail . . . and he loved it.

This was my practice piece I did first . . .to see if I had it all "right" . . . before I made his and shipped it.  I had asked him if he wanted any changes and I got a very quick "NO" . . . so I left the corners square like his original.  

May God bless,

Dwight

Dwight539755306_trifold1.thumb.jpg.ba4b83687110c66224a19d5ecfdae4e8.jpg

trifold 2.jpg

Edited by Dwight

2 hours ago, Dwight said:

Ya did a good job on that billfold . . . and you took care of my only criticism . . . the corners.  They'll get dog eared in a hurry.

A number of years ago . . . fellow asked me to re-create a billfold he had had since his daughter was very small . . . and he could not find one anywhere like it.

I told him the only way I could do that was if I had the old one to go by . . . he started pulling cards . . . cash . . . pictures . . . yanked it all . . . handed me the old one and asked how long.

A short time later it was in the mail . . . and he loved it.

This was my practice piece I did first . . .to see if I had it all "right" . . . before I made his and shipped it.  I had asked him if he wanted any changes and I got a very quick "NO" . . . so I left the corners square like his original.  

May God bless,

Dwight

Dwight539755306_trifold1.thumb.jpg.ba4b83687110c66224a19d5ecfdae4e8.jpg

trifold 2.jpg

Thanks for sharing that wallet. I like the looks of that design. Great work by the way. 

Yeah a older gent seen the tandy  tri-fold wallet & really was liking it. He ask if it was possible. 

I was like yeah, first let me make a practice run & I'll get back with you.