mtchaps

Ferdinand Model Help

Have an older Ferdinand machine in our shop in Montana that we bought years ago, and we just aren't using. I'd like to sell it but I'm unable to find a model or serial number on the machine. Does anyone know where it would be located? 

Thank you in advance for any help.

Ferdinand.jpg

can´t help with he model but it seems to be a needle feed only machine and the part on the plate kinda reminds me of a BUSMC #6 HM but this machine here has a barrel hook as it seems. I would guess it is a  "modern clone" or modernized model of a BUSMC #6 HM - kind of. Do you have pictures of the back side?

Quite interesting machine!

Edited by Constabulary

13 hours ago, mtchaps said:

I'd like to sell it but I'm unable to find a model or serial number on the machine.

To me it looks like a Ferdinand 900B Bull.

kgg

6 hours ago, Constabulary said:

can´t help with he model but it seems to be a needle feed only machine and the part on the plate kinda reminds me of a BUSMC #6 HM but this machine here has a barrel hook as it seems. I would guess it is a  "modern clone" or modernized model of a BUSMC #6 HM - kind of. Do you have pictures of the back side?

Quite interesting machine!

Appreciate it thank you 

back.jpg

5 hours ago, kgg said:

To me it looks like a Ferdinand 900B Bull.

kgg

thank you

Ferdinand used both Adler 205-64 and Consew 754 heads to make the bull.  This one looks a lot like an Adler 205-64 except for the bobbin winder.  If so, $2500.00 all day long cleaned up.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher
grammar

3 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

Ferdinand used both Adler 205-64 and Consew 754 heads to make the bull.  This one looks a lot like an Adler 205-64 except for the bobbin winder.  If so, $2500.00 all day long cleaned up.

glenn

thank you Glenn, I appreciate the help. I did post it on here for $2000 so we will see how it goes

I believe you have a 900B bull. It should have a number stamped under the top inspection plate. That will have the production date and model number.

10 hours ago, Old Coach Saddlery said:

I believe you have a 900B bull. It should have a number stamped under the top inspection plate. That will have the production date and model number.

That's what I would have thought but no numbers on any of the plates. Appreciate the help

So this is the Bull at my work. You can see it is a 900B and built in 1994. Numbers are on the body not the plate.

IMG_4268.jpeg

Edited by Old Coach Saddlery

2 hours ago, Old Coach Saddlery said:

So this is the Bull at my work. You can see it is a 900B and built in 1994. Numbers are on the body not the plate.

IMG_4268.jpeg

Right you are on location! Think I need better glasses as I must have overlooked it a dozen times. 901SO? 

model.jpg

Interesting. Your machine is definitely a little different, with the front block above the needle and your throat plat is different. Also looks like a shorter clearance in the throat. If you really want answers I would contact Tony Luberto. He made the maintenance video for Ferdinand and was with the company for a number of years before going out on his own with the Windham Cub.

40 minutes ago, Old Coach Saddlery said:

I wonder if SO means special order. 

that's what I was thinking. Especially since I can't find anything exactly like it

yes. it is a guide for a slide that moves in and out with the motion of the needle.

I sent your pictures to Tony along with the model number. I couldn’t help but be curious since I own 2 Bull’s plus use one at my work. I’m a big fan. 

He told me it is a special square feed machine. I had to look up square feed not being familiar. He said they were not that popular. Hope that helps.

4 hours ago, Old Coach Saddlery said:

I wonder if SO means special order. 

That is what I am thinking.  They made an HL high lift version and a HHL  high high lift  version with I think a 1  3/8" clearance of lift.

glenn