Sign in to follow this  
Johns3b

Mach 3 sewing machine, good or ???

Hello,

I am looking for a leather sewing machine, and want a class 4 machine like a cowboy 4500 or cobra class 4.  Finding them isn’t too hard, but the sellers are asking for almost new prices.   I have found a machine, and it seems reasonable, called the “Mach-3 c, model 441” as the seller is listing it.  I have looked a lot online, and performed many searches but can not even find a website for the company.  It sure looks like a clone of the cowboy or cobra, which I know are clones of a Juki.  

Has anyone heard of or have any experience with this brand?  does anyone have one?  What are the max size needle and thread it can handle?

I am not trying to be cheap with my machine, but they all seem so overpriced.  

thanks in advance

John

I have never seen anyone with branding a Machine head with sales name 'Mach3 ' as logo ?  Only cross reference in the name . if type in general search , ( Mach3 sew )
The only thing that I could see connected to sewing was Longarm Quilting machines, and Mach3 software stitch/pattern programing.

I seen that machine you asking about advertised in the craigslist/salem OR. , their asking 2500-$. it looks clean and head is a complete set-up w/table and drive.
It is/looks like any other 441 clone, and i have noticed asking/pricing is all over the place right now on used sew machines. 2500-$ is little high for used but not unreasonable ' if ' you are real close to area for you to easy pick-up . also price not unreasonable if has a lot extra's with the machine ? feet, Dogs/needle-plate set-ups, or binding or other attachments ?
You saving minimum about 700 to 800-$+ over buying new . ( this for example ) , if you buy new from dealer on west coast here, You are in WA.  like from artisansew down in bay area CA. you going to pay 3000-$ and change, and plus at least 200-$ 4'x4' pallet truck shipping up I-5 N. to a shipping hub for you to pick-up.

Edited by nylonRigging

Mach 3 and other models used to be sold by Leightons Industrial Sewing machines in Alberta several years ago.  The owner was fairly old and really reliable.  The business is gone, no longer on the web, so I assume the owner has passed away.  Now I'm seeing all kinds of strange Mach whatever sewing machines like the above post.  He found some of the same ones I found.

Here is an old post https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/9019-sewing-machine-from-leightons/