1 hour ago, Cumberland Highpower said:

Where can a person find a good quality drop down roller guide for a Seiko LSC-8? 

I would call one of the four Seiko dealers endorsed by Seiko on their website. They should be able to put you onto a Japanese made one. I don't think you are going to find one made in the USA. Most of the stuff is made in China or Taiwan. If you go with the Chinese or Taiwan versions just go to the websites like Aliexpress and buy direct for considerable savings.

SUPERIOR SEWING MACHINE & SUPPLY LLC [MASTER PARTS DEALER]
    48 West 25th Street, New York, NY 10010-2758
    TEL: +1-212-691-3400
    FAX: +1-212-807-8743

HOFFMAN BROTHERS [MACHINE]
    1795 Birchwood Avenue, Des Plaines, IL 60018-3005
    TEL: +1-847-671-1550
    FAX: +1-847-671-1320

CIVIT PRODUCTS, INC. [MACHINE]
    2 Maple Street, East Rutherford, NJ 07073
    TEL: +1-201-896-9292
    FAX: +1-201-896-8588

UNITED SEWING MACHINE SALES [MACHINE]
    3230 Highland Ave. NE P.O.Box 3055 Hickory, NC 28603
    TEL: +1-828-327-0115
    FAX: +1-828-327-3468

Edited by kgg

I doubt if you will find one that is made in the US, as kgg said. You may find one that is made in Japan (?) but so far every one that I have seen comes from China. I've bought 2, via Aliexpress, and they seem fine for what they are. 

On 3/9/2024 at 5:52 PM, dikman said:

I doubt if you will find one that is made in the US, as kgg said. You may find one that is made in Japan (?) but so far every one that I have seen comes from China. I've bought 2, via Aliexpress, and they seem fine for what they are. 

You might be right.   Every time I watch a manufacturing video on youtube shot in Japan, I see the Usual Seikos and Jukis with some high grade attachments that I don't see in my typical shopping haunts....Or AliBaba.

American importers import what's cheap and makes the best return.....

Edited by Cumberland Highpower

5 hours ago, Cumberland Highpower said:

American importers import what's cheap and makes the best return.....

Not just America, my friend.

On 3/9/2024 at 10:32 AM, Cumberland Highpower said:

Where can a person find a good quality drop down roller guide for a Seiko LSC-8?   Something of very good quality made in USA/Japan, etc. not a Chinese cheapy?

I have two drop down roller guides: Pictured below is a GB-6. I used it on Cowboy and Consew. I have two guides for this unit/kit: Roller and straight edge. $25 plus shipping

Second photo is drop down I bought from Honeysew, I am positive it was made in China and is very well made. I used these guides on several of my machines of different manufacturer with excellent results. Excellent condition for both of them, I don't see any scratches or anything on them. This one is $25.00 plus shipping also.

I never had to drill an extra hole.

Screen Shot 2024-03-13 at 4.44.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-13 at 4.44.16 PM.png

Drop Down roller guide#2.jpg

Edited by Ferg

Are you interested in the drop downs I have?

On 3/19/2024 at 10:34 AM, Ferg said:

Are you interested in the drop downs I have?

Hello Ferg, I am afraid not really.  I was looking for something a little more trimmed down like on the photo I posted.   If I come across a need for a style like yours I'll look you up.

On 3/19/2024 at 9:31 AM, Cumberland Highpower said:

image.png.54093eea2f494c0c92814a83290cb416.png

I'd love to find a guide like this.  Surely made in Japan? Either guide.  The big swing away one on the arm as well.

That is a pfaff drop down roller guide.

glenn

6 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

That is a pfaff drop down roller guide.

glenn

Interesting, fhanks for the lead.   I'll have to see what Pfaff might have available.  It's it's a pfaff guide I hope it's still something available. (Pfaff isn't what it used to be after the Chinese takeover).

The photo was taken in Japan and the machine is a Seiko LSC-8.

Shoepatcher It looks like you're on the right track there.  I found KH makes a swing away bed version for the Adler 669 and Seiko LSC.  

The drop down guide is allot tougher...My Consew and Seiko have the mounting bolts for the drop down bracket in the front, like in the photo I posted. 

I contacted by phone and email every one of KGG's contacts, not a single reply or "getting back to you".   

I guess I'm on my own?  Probably should just take a day and make my own.....Just hate to do it.

1 hour ago, Cumberland Highpower said:

I contacted by phone and email every one of KGG's contacts, not a single reply or "getting back to you".   

Well that was a waste of time mostly for you. Sounds like great consumer service, NOT.

kgg

11 hours ago, kgg said:

Well that was a waste of time mostly for you. Sounds like great consumer service, NOT.

kgg

LOL Well, I appreciate the tips though, glad you placed your initial reply. Things may yet come across!  If I keep the replies to the post coming in, may generate more leads or a member may find one in a dusty box?  

UPDATE

I gave up searching and ordered  kg669 swing away guide and needle plate set 17220, 17220 from KH in China.

After looking at what came in,  I'd have to advise anyone planning to buy from KH to steer clear if there are options.

The swing away guide has a base that's welded out of square and does not fit well (level) on the machine

the needle plate 17221 is bent like a banana.  totally unusable.  I did keep the feed dog as it looks fine and it's the part I really needed anyway.

I might try to straighten out the base of the kg669, but I fear it may break. looks like a welded part. (although could be MIM)

Only plus is that the parts were cheap.  Cheap as in 20% of what a quality parts should cost. I'd have been willing to pay 3-4x the price for a quality unit...Just didn't have any option.