toxo

Pallet coming tomorrow!

Got a phone call today tom say I've got a pallet coming tomorrow. "What's on it?" Says I. "Don't know" says she, "we're just the courier".

Dare I hope it's my sewing machine, come to visit me from China? Thing is, I was told the ship wouldn't be docking until March 30th and then I didn't know how long to my door.

If it is the captain has done well to avoid all those missiles so well done. I'm beginning to get excited.

Congrats! Toxo what machine did you order? I cant remember now. Was it a 441 clone? 

JL341L-2 (1).jpg

14 minutes ago, DieselTech said:

Congrats! Toxo what machine did you order? I cant remember now. Was it a 441 clone? 

JL341L-2 WALKING FOOT SEWING MACHINE. #sewing #handmade #leather #diy #sewingtutorial #embroidery (youtube.com)

Edited by toxo

It's here. Putting it together as we speak. Haven't found any damage so far. Can't wait to sew something. :)

1 hour ago, toxo said:

It's here. Putting it together as we speak. Haven't found any damage so far. Can't wait to sew something.

That is get news. Before you sew anything oil the hell out of it just in case there are any filings / dirt inside.

Was the delivered cost what you expected or were there any additional surprise costs like brokerage/duties/etc.

kgg

Yeah I'm curious too what this machine cost all said & done & delivered. 

Let's see some pics after you get it all put together. 

Nice surprise. Looking forward to pics and a report. We're all living vicariously through you!

Update! Everything done except the drop down guide which is a nightmare. loadsa strange looking bits and no structions. Not for the main build either. Had to match up all the screw holes. Had a little sew, was good off the bat. Oh and still have the needle positioner to do as well. More later.

First demerit - threaded hole missing for the L shaped rod that arrests the needle positioner. Not much of a problem, just annoying.

On the plus side there's a QR code on the side of the machine that instantly gives you the instruction manual.

The drop down guide has defeated me. If anyone has a pic or anything that makes sense out of this - Please.

7d0c46b8-d52c-4035-b780-431774162d89.jpg

Just messing with the foot pedals at the moment. Just tweaking really. Gonna take some getting used to, having a pedal instead of a knee pad for the presser foot. The flatbed is good and simple to put on. The arm is a bit chunky compared to some but I guess it has to be to house the massive 28mm bobbins and I can't say I've ever needed the thin one on the Adler 69. I will do a video when it's all done.

Edited by toxo

6 hours ago, toxo said:

First demerit - threaded hole missing for the L shaped rod that arrests the needle positioner. Not much of a problem, just annoying.

On the plus side there's a QR code on the side of the machine that instantly gives you the instruction manual.

The drop down guide has defeated me. If anyone has a pic or anything that makes sense out of this - Please.

7d0c46b8-d52c-4035-b780-431774162d89.jpg

Just messing with the foot pedals at the moment. Just tweaking really. Gonna take some getting used to, having a pedal instead of a knee pad for the presser foot. The flatbed is good and simple to put on. The arm is a bit chunky compared to some but I guess it has to be to house the massive 28mm bobbins and I can't say I've ever needed the thin one on the Adler 69. I will do a video when it's all done.

My class 4 should be the same mounting for the drop down guide. I'll get you some pics once I get to that point. 

6 hours ago, toxo said:

The drop down guide has defeated me.

I would email the company and ask for instruction.

kgg

3 minutes ago, kgg said:

I would email the company and ask for instruction.

kgg

I already have done. I have her on WhatsApp. Trouble is 8 hrs difference. I could probably work it out but I doubt I'll be using it. The actual roller is quite small and whichever way it goes together, there's very little sliding going on. More like unscrew and move to another hole. Can see it being set up for one job and left there.

@DieselTech Thanks mate but I hope yours is better than this. I hope I'm not missing something and it turns out to be brilliant.:lol:

Finished messing with the pedals. Just moved the big one as far to the right as possible and the little one as far to the left. Will still take getting used to but better than it was. Just the needle positioner left to do now.

2 hours ago, toxo said:

I already have done. I have her on WhatsApp. Trouble is 8 hrs difference. I could probably work it out but I doubt I'll be using it. The actual roller is quite small and whichever way it goes together, there's very little sliding going on. More like unscrew and move to another hole. Can see it being set up for one job and left there.

@DieselTech Thanks mate but I hope yours is better than this. I hope I'm not missing something and it turns out to be brilliant.:lol:

Finished messing with the pedals. Just moved the big one as far to the right as possible and the little one as far to the left. Will still take getting used to but better than it was. Just the needle positioner left to do now.

Here how my drop down guide is mounted. I did buy the extended hand lift knob & bracket to make this all work. 

phpGsxzZuPM.jpg

phpVqi90RPM.jpg

3 minutes ago, DieselTech said:

Here how my drop down guide is mounted. I did buy the extended hand lift knob & bracket to make this all work. 

phpGsxzZuPM.jpg

phpVqi90RPM.jpg

That one looks way better than mine.

20 minutes ago, toxo said:

That one looks way better than mine.

Lmao I dont even know if mine is right! The bracket the drop down guide came with is goofy like yours & I could not get it to work. 

Soo them pics is how I mounted my guide. 

That drop-down guide is a rather strange-looking contraption. The two notched rods on the left had me puzzled until it occurred to me that maybe that's where the spring fits that holds it up and down?

On 3/29/2024 at 10:08 PM, dikman said:

That drop-down guide is a rather strange-looking contraption. The two notched rods on the left had me puzzled until it occurred to me that maybe that's where the spring fits that holds it up and down?

You're right dikman. I know I answered this on Friday. Don't know where it went.

Got it working after a fashion but don't like it.

Now having trouble with the needle positioner. The machine is good in that, if I go slow at the beginning and end I can stop it up or down without the np. But if I go quickly there's no consistency.  I did get it foot down heel up once but I lost it and don't remember what I did. :(

Edited by toxo

Now I'm wondering if the slope of the needle positioner has any bearing? Will investigate molla. (Baby speak that I probably shouldn't use any more).

1 hour ago, toxo said:

Now I'm wondering if the slope of the needle positioner has any bearing? Will investigate molla. (Baby speak that I probably shouldn't use any more).

The video above shows a machine with a speed reducer. The thing we always see here is that Needle Positioners don't work with reducers.  Seems like the seller would know what they're selling, but who knows?

4 hours ago, AlZilla said:

The video above shows a machine with a speed reducer. The thing we always see here is that Needle Positioners don't work with reducers.  Seems like the seller would know what they're selling, but who knows?

You have to keep everything in mind but I don't think that's a factor. My two other machines have enormous pulleys instead of handwheels and the ups work fine. I've noticed that most I've seen are sloping. I think that's just to keep away from the belt but I'll check later.

I'm impressed with this motor though, I can start ultra slowly and at any time can go to full speed and back to ultra slowly to finish just on the treadle. I want the np to work because I want to avoid that twitch, that errant stitch that ruins a project.

This is still only a hobby for me and I don't get anything like the machine time that some of you guys put in so I want every advantage I can get.

Some servo/needle positioners do work with speed reducers although they seem to be in a minority. If it was all shipped as a package deal then I would assume it should work. I guess you've changed any settings in the menu that may need to be done for the positioner?