Southerngunner

Almost done with my Sanford & Son table

Well here it is so far, I still have to make a side cabinet for storage . At this points it is usable the way it is. 

The top is 2 pieces of 3/4" plywood glued and screwed with a border of 3/4" Birdseye Maple. The replaceable top is. 1/4" Lexan ( an old windshield from a Yamaha Rhino)

I set up a 12" and 2" pulley system and a Consew servo motor to drive my Cobra class 26 at a controllable  speed with gobs of torque.

Most of it was built with stuff that I had hoarded because it was to good to throw out.

Comments are welcomed

20240424_115039.jpg

20240424_114721.jpg

Here is a couple more pictures 

20240424_114748.jpg

20240424_114728.jpg

Edited by Southerngunner
Spelling

Yes that is a factory  K -leg  table next to it. I just wanted to prove to myself that I  could make a usable table.

Very nice!!  Looks like with that speed reducer you can make a stitch every 30-days or so  :).

That’s a nice piece of work! Wish I could weld like that. 

Looks nice to me. I bet functional too. Great work. 

6 hours ago, GerryR said:

Very nice!!  Looks like with that speed reducer you can make a stitch every 30-days or so  :).

Yep  I can turn up the adjustments on the servo for speed and still be able to go 1 stitch at a time when needed.

On 4/24/2024 at 3:34 PM, TomE said:

That’s a nice piece of work! Wish I could weld like that. 

Thanks, I was a welder/ fabricator/ heavy equipment mechanic for 45 years. It felt good to do some welding after a couple years of not working  with metal.

On 4/26/2024 at 9:12 AM, Southerngunner said:

Thanks, I was a welder/ fabricator/ heavy equipment mechanic for 45 years. It felt good to do some welding after a couple years of not working  with metal.

@TomE I feel you. I will be welding up the stand for my bell skiver tomorrow and my mig has not been used for a few years. Propbably take longer to clean and set up my welder than the project that needs to be done.

@Southerngunner Nice sewing table you got put together there. The satisfaction of creating something from an idea to fulfill a need is priceless. I am spending way more time fabricating bits and pieces to support my leather craft than spend doing the craft in the first place!

10 hours ago, BliksemDonder said:

@TomE I feel you. I will be welding up the stand for my bell skiver tomorrow and my mig has not been used for a few years. Propbably take longer to clean and set up my welder than the project that needs to be done.

@Southerngunner Nice sewing table you got put together there. The satisfaction of creating something from an idea to fulfill a need is priceless. I am spending way more time fabricating bits and pieces to support my leather craft than spend doing the craft in the first place!

Thanks for the reply. I haven't touched my welder for a few years also, but after a couple passes on scraps it started coming back to me.

I plan on statring to building a side cabinet today and then I need a light. I did make my own thread stand however.

My wife thinks I'm nuts to take time to build something that I could order for $15.00.

20240501_161425.jpg