What is the best place to buy knife sheath templates to cut the leather? All help is appreciated, Thanks!

I'd suggest that you pick up a book or a video on making sheaths.  The book/video will walk you through how to use the knife you have to create a pattern and then make the sheath.  You will get a lot more out of the book\video that just having the pattern.

Youtube is a wealth of information on making sheaths.  You could start there instead of going the book/video route.  I've found that books/videos tend to have more bits of information that make the difference in a workable sheath and a really good one.  But whichever route you go, there's plenty of information out there that will help you make a sheath for the knife you have instead of having to get a knife that fits the pattern you bought.

8 minutes ago, Aven said:

I'd suggest that you pick up a book or a video on making sheaths.  The book/video will walk you through how to use the knife you have to create a pattern and then make the sheath.  You will get a lot more out of the book\video that just having the pattern.

Youtube is a wealth of information on making sheaths.  You could start there instead of going the book/video route.  I've found that books/videos tend to have more bits of information that make the difference in a workable sheath and a really good one.  But whichever route you go, there's plenty of information out there that will help you make a sheath for the knife you have instead of having to get a knife that fits the pattern you bought.

Ok, thank you so much!

yea its pretty much up to you to make your pattern, knives come in so many shapes and sizes that generic patterns are pretty plain. I do an image search  then when  I find something I like I adapt it to my knife. If you do have an idea folks here can help you along with the pattern making. 

4 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

yea its pretty much up to you to make your pattern, knives come in so many shapes and sizes that generic patterns are pretty plain. I do an image search  then when  I find something I like I adapt it to my knife. If you do have an idea folks here can help you along with the pattern making. 

Thank you!

I learned a lot about constructing leather projects from Stohlman's case making books.  Instructions for knife sheaths are included.

1 hour ago, TomE said:

I learned a lot about constructing leather projects from Stohlman's case making books.  Instructions for knife sheaths are included.

Thank you!!

6 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

:17::16: I've found that even mass produced knives that are supposedly exactly the same can have small differences which affect their fit in a sheath

+1 for the Stohlman case-making book. The sheath-making instructions are great. From there it’s easy to learn how to make welted fold-over sheaths, and then layered welted sheaths. Ton of fun, too, for something that can be as simple or as involved as you like. I started out making simple sheaths for one of my hunting knives. Great starter projects. 

A feller on YT by the name of Victor George Leather has a fairly good set of tutorials you might look at.