suedorade

Rivets with large swivel rings

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any advice about where I could find rivets (or better yet, Chicago screws) with attached swivel rings with diameters of 3/4" or more, preferably in a bright brass color. I'd also appreciate any feedback on if this hardware would be durable, or if it would degrade/stress the leather it is attached to.

I've attached a visual example of what sort of hardware I am after. 

Example of smaller ringed chicago screw

Might consider a swivel with 2 rings or squares. More to choose from at Weaver, Buckle Guy, Batz Corp, Bieler's Manufacturing.  Could attach one ring to the project with a leather chape or loop. Stohlman shows examples for attaching buckles and rings in volume 1 of his case making books.

15 hours ago, suedorade said:

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any advice about where. . .  I'd also appreciate any feedback on if this hardware would be durable, or if it would degrade/stress the leather it is attached to.

They don't degrade the leather or do it any harm. But they're not suitable for heavy use, only for the likes of a wrist-strap on a purse

15 hours ago, suedorade said:

I use these and I find I have to replace the screw with a longer one and use a plastic washer under the screw

17 hours ago, suedorade said:

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any advice about where I could find rivets (or better yet, Chicago screws) with attached swivel rings with diameters of 3/4" or more, preferably in a bright brass color. I'd also appreciate any feedback on if this hardware would be durable, or if it would degrade/stress the leather it is attached to.

Had to dig but I knew I had some of these somewhere  but can't remember where from. If you don't have any joy, come back and I'll find em.

20240516_230447[1].jpg

On 5/16/2024 at 5:32 PM, toxo said:

Had to dig but I knew I had some of these somewhere  but can't remember where from. If you don't have any joy, come back and I'll find em.

20240516_230447[1].jpg

These would be perfect! I would love to know where you got them, especially those that I've circled below:

IMG_2105.jpeg

I had mine custom made , the o ring is about 1.5in  and they are screw back . I used them exclusively for dog collars . Anyone with a machine shop can make them for you

No photo description available.

Edited by LeatherLegion

6 hours ago, LeatherLegion said:

I had mine custom made , the o ring is about 1.5in  and they are screw back . I used them exclusively for dog collars . Anyone with a machine shop can make them for you

No photo description available.

This is my use for them as well haha. Could I ask what the price point of that was for you? I'm not looking to go into mass production so I'd be buying less than 15 of them, which may get expensive with a custom order.

9 hours ago, suedorade said:

These would be perfect! I would love to know where you got them, especially those that I've circled below:

IMG_2105.jpeg

I'll try to find them. 

11 hours ago, suedorade said:

IMG_2105.jpeg

Haven't found them but narrowed it down to almost certainly, 

www.londontrimmings.co.uk 

Amazing place. 

8 hours ago, toxo said:

Haven't found them but narrowed it down to almost certainly, 

www.londontrimmings.co.uk 

Amazing place. 

Well I couldn't find them there, but thank you for introducing me to this site! They sell lots of materials for other hobbies of mine :)

Good news everyone, I have just remembered the world of cabinet ring pulls, which are particularly designed to fit thumbs haha

16 hours ago, suedorade said:

This is my use for them as well haha. Could I ask what the price point of that was for you? I'm not looking to go into mass production so I'd be buying less than 15 of them, which may get expensive with a custom order.

Last batch  i had made was 10-12 years ago...They were about $40/piece 

On 5/18/2024 at 7:57 PM, suedorade said:

Well I couldn't find them there, but thank you for introducing me to this site! They sell lots of materials for other hobbies of mine :)

You're very welcome. Just wish I could take you to  JT Batchelors in London. An old Victorian mews building that sells all the normal stuff, leather,  tools,  hardware etc but also with narrow aisles with dusty boxes full of inspiration that haven't been seen for years.