JPCox

Hello! JP - Derbyshire, UK

Hey all - nice to meet you. 

My name’s Jason (JP) and I’m a part time leatherworker over in the UK in a small village in Derbyshire. 

Been working with leather for around 10 years after watching Bruce Cheaney on YouTube whilst I was at university. Spiralled since. Most of my work uses J&FJ Bakers oak bark (would love to try some A grade hermann oak if I ever get the chance).

Recent clock project I’ve been working on below. My instagram is also the main page for me at the moment. You can find it here.

Looking forward to being part of the forum! 

Edited by JPCox
Couldn’t previously see attached image.

@JPCox Welcome to the forum.

I just checked you IG page, you do some impressive carving! Also the Peterson No 6 is an amazing machine :-)

Many people on this forum is a bit wary and sceptic in the way of following links, so you will normally always get much more feedback on posting a picture or two in here. I guess there has just been too many examples with links leading to obscure pages or virus centrals etc.  But if you can't trust someone from Derbyshire, well then what has the world come to :-)

For some reason the picture still isn't attached, but this forum can once in a while be a bit weird when it comes to pictures.

Again welcome and I hope that you'll have a great time here.

Brgds Jonas

On 6/4/2024 at 5:42 AM, JPCox said:

My instagram is also the main page for me at the moment.

Welcome, good to have you here. 

Very few members use Instagram. 

Please post your photos here.  3rd party hosted photos frequently disappear due to changes in the host's policies, host out of business, users moving files, deleting files, closing their account or the account expiring.  When this happens, the post becomes worthless to all future users who are researching or looking for help to solve a problem.

If your files are too large to post here due to file size restrictions, you need to resize your files to fit.  Follow this link for some helps and suggestions.  https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/15122-how-to-post-pictures-on-lw/?do=findComment&comment=551171 There are lots of Apps, software, and online tools available on the web, or even built into your device to enable you to reduce your file sizes.  800 pixels in the longest dimension is quite adequate.  Smart phone screens and many monitors don't display high res files in high resolution.  People that live on the fringes of the internet appreciate smaller file sizes and high res photos may take from 10 minutes to hours to download.

Welcome, Jason!

Welcome to this forum @JPCox  Checked your Instagram - your work is beautiful.

On 6/8/2024 at 6:33 AM, Mulesaw said:

@JPCox Welcome to the forum.

I just checked you IG page, you do some impressive carving! Also the Peterson No 6 is an amazing machine :-)

Many people on this forum is a bit wary and sceptic in the way of following links, so you will normally always get much more feedback on posting a picture or two in here. I guess there has just been too many examples with links leading to obscure pages or virus centrals etc.  But if you can't trust someone from Derbyshire, well then what has the world come to :-)

For some reason the picture still isn't attached, but this forum can once in a while be a bit weird when it comes to pictures.

Again welcome and I hope that you'll have a great time here.

Brgds Jonas

@Mulesaw Thanks for the welcome Jonas, and kind words! The Pearson is great (though as we found out recently, not great to move house with :lol:). We were previously in Sheffield so not too far to lug it (though 10 yards is enough).

Understood re the link! Thank you also @Northmount - I’ll try to post a picture below as a tester. I had tried previously, and did manage to resize it to the limit, but perhaps being on a phone didn’t help… :wacko:

Thank you too @BruceGibson and @SUP

Anyway - here goes a tester pic under the 1.49mb limit… maybe it’s to be, maybe not

A rifle sling I’ve been working on 

6853723B-2BE0-4C9D-B90F-119650BB88A2.jpeg