RodR

Leather source Seattle area

Where are Seattle leather crafters buying their leather?

Since, MacPherson Leather closed I’m looking for a leather source in the Seattle area. I’m learning about leather crafting and prefer to look, feel and ask questions before purchasing. Mostly interested in half and full hides of veggie tanned leather.

42 minutes ago, RodR said:

Since, MacPherson Leather closed I’m looking for a leather source in the Seattle area. I’m learning about leather crafting and prefer to look, feel and ask questions before purchasing. Mostly interested in half and full hides of veggie tanned leather.

Well that sucks.  They were it, unless you count Tandy in Shoreline or south of Tacoma. Then its Spokane.

Portland is going to have your next closes leather supply house.

Phone number (971) 334-8521

110 NW 2nd Ave Portland, OR

If memory serves, McPherson was a part of the Oregon Leather Co so definitely check on them before you head south.

1 hour ago, RodR said:

Where are Seattle leather crafters buying their leather?

If you want to drive north and have a holiday at the same time, there is a location in Nanaimo BC.  Ferry ride is expensive though.  Ferries available from USA locations to Victoria BC.

Buckskin Leather, Nanaimo, BC – Store  https://www.buckskinleather.com/

2139A Bowen Rd. Nanaimo, British Columbia V9S 1H8 Canada
    1-250-585-4433
    1-888-723-0806 (Inquiries/Orders)
    buckskin@buckskinleather.com

Also a place in Vancouver BC https://lonsdaleleather.com/collections/leather

I know you want to touch and feel.  They also ship to the USA.

I regularly buy leather from PeggySueAlso. 
They are located in Tacoma: 
2916 S Steele St, Tacoma, WA 98409,  in the same building as North Star Glove factory (call 253-627-2656 for hours-- I believe they close at 2 pm)

https://www.peggysuealsoleather.com/shop

They have veg tan sides and full hides, in 2 oz up to about 10 oz. They can cut it as needed. 
You can handle the leather and view it before, too. 
They also have a tremendous selection of fashion leather,  which the top link will give you just a taste of. They have shelves, and shelves, of leather, and another set of rooms with just cut panels. 
I've bought Saffiano leather there, faux alligator, faux ostrich, faux elephant, goat skin, and even floral prints, not to mention veg tan panels. 
The veg tan is very good quality, too -- nice and clean, takes tooling and dyeing very well. 
(Note that they do leather only -- no tools, accessories, thread, glue, etc.)