CdK

One size fits most, sometimes...

A while ago I went on a road trip and 2 sewing machines followed me home (1341 & 441). After using both for a short period I decided to do some modifications. Both pedestal mount tops were larger than required and wasting space in my work space. Also the lack of commonality was irritating as I am new to these types of machine. One had 2 foot controls while the other did not. One had NPS, the other not. Speed was good on one, other too fast sometimes.

Ryan Neel shipped me 2 of the HM-750SL units and the modifications commenced. (I included a picture where both the stock motor and the new HM-750SL are side by side. These motors have more power, can be run as slow as 50RPM and with the smaller pulley the stitching is very slow.)

Both sewing machines are now equivalent in operation with dual foot controls and NPS.

The accompanying pictures that tell the tale.

(Moderators, I was not sure which part of the forum to best place this so please feel free to move if needed.)

IMG_0598 (Medium).JPEG

IMG_0700 (Medium).JPEG

IMG_0715 (Medium).JPEG

IMG_0703 (Medium).JPEG

IMG_0718 (Medium).JPEG

IMG_0717 (Medium).JPEG

27 minutes ago, CdK said:

Both sewing machines are now equivalent in operation with dual foot controls and NPS.

Nicely done and I see you managed to get the foot lift on the 1341.

kgg

Just now, kgg said:

Nicely done and I see you managed to get the foot lift on the 1341.

kgg

@kggThank you for your kind words. Yes, I was sent a pedal and rings and I got that part taken care of. The knee actuated lifter somehow did not grow on me and a few times I stomped the sewing pedal in error and had to clean up the rats-nest around the bobbin.

8 minutes ago, CdK said:

a few times I stomped the sewing pedal in error and had to clean up the rats-nest around the bobbin.

I think most of us have done that move.

kgg

18 hours ago, CdK said:

Moderators, I was not sure which part of the forum to best place this so please feel free to move if needed

Moved to 'leather sewing machines'

1 hour ago, dikman said:

As long as the cat likes the mods.........;).

@dikmanShe is my late mothers cat and sometimes I think reincarnation occurs even after the cat was born. She is my QA/QC individual with an extremely critical eye. :rolleyes::nono:

Edited by CdK

9 hours ago, MarshalWill said:

Outstanding job on those upgrades. They're outstanding machines, now.

@MarshalWillThank you.

@Northmount Thank you. I must compliment you and fellow moderators for keeping this forum a civil and friendly place.

Almost done with some small mods and tasks to go, like a swing down guide and belt cover on the 441 and cleaning up the wiring on both.