I'm opening my shop soon and was wondering what other shop owners do for payments.

I would like to do all cash but in todays world it's not as convienant as it once was.

On my website I'll be using WooCommerce and they take major credit cards. But need something for my brick and mortar store. Are people using something like Square or another POS? Do you accept Paypal, Cashapp or other similar apps?

I don't run a leather business full time but I am full time self employed.  Go talk to your bank, they likely either do credit card processing themselves or work with someone who does.  They can get you a terminal that is compliant and safe and help you get set up to accept cards.  That way you are not tied to an expensive point of sale system that may or may not do the things you need. Another benefit is usually their fees are much less than square, etc.

Todd

I was at a new local feed store a couple weeks ago and they had a point of sale from quick books. The lady said it auto downloads all transactions to quick books.  If you use quickbooks it might be worth a look.

I tried through my bank's allied card processing service a times. They were not geared for most businesses under 250K a year in transactions without add-on fees that weren't practical. They still try to contact me and they still can't compare close enough to make me like them. I have used Square from the time of the old Iphone slide reader up through the Ipad stand setup and now the Square Register. I haven't gone on the latest POS hardware yet but see businesses that use it. When I ask they all like it. 

Realistically at the end of the year, I am 45-45 square vs PayPal and 10% cash and checks (shows mostly on those). My costs per $ processing fees are not different enough to worry about between PayPal and Square at the close of the year books. Square takes every card at the same rate (most bank providers don't). International transactions are simple. Square service has been good when I've needed it. Money is in my account next business day for transactions before 5:00 pm.  I can print my book keeping records for square with no charges, my bank's processor has fees. My son uses Clover for one of his businesses and likes it. He helped me at one show and said it pretty similar for Square or Clover. 

I looked at Quick Books and the integration would be nice, card fees were OK but the package of accounting software for my business set up was astronomical. If yours is simple - good option.

Thanks for the feeback.

I'll be calling my bank and looking at Square and Clover more closely.

I breezed through the Clover and Square websites and noticed that Clover can integrate with woocommerce and other website apps. With Square it looks like you have to create an online store through them.

Square hardware looks to be cheaper than Clover.

I'll do more research on them.

I’ve been using Square for years, it’s been good for me.