Sign in to follow this  
Dale

Work in progress...

...so I thought I'd give you a look at what I've been working on lately. I'll post the finished piece when it's done.

Dale

136_3678_IMG_small.jpg

post-95-1168211526_thumb.jpg

I don't know what it's gonna look like when it's done but it looks awsome so far.

It's always hard for me to tell from anyones pictures but, how big is that ?

I can't believe i just asked some guy that question. OH well i'm a freak yo !!

Dale,

I love looking at your work. When did you know you were going to be an artist? In addition to the careful detail that identifies your work, you have an eye for color. Do you work in other mediums than leather, too? Thanks for sharing...I would enjoy seeing anything you are working on, any time, leather or not.

Johanna

Size: the head, itself, is a little less than 6" x 6".

When I knew I'd be an artist: don't know that I am, yet. However, I accepted it as a title about a year ago.

Other mediums: some clay, some wood, mostly leather. Sorry about lack of pics of pieces in progress. I usually don't think about them until the thing is done.

It's always hard for me to tell from anyones pictures but, how big is that ?

Well Freak, any man worth his salt is going to tell you - El es grande. Muy Grande! ... lol!

As promised, here it is. You get to see it here before it goes on the site. Total size of the piece is about 11 x 11.

Dale

WithOneHeart_small.jpg

post-95-1169606388_thumb.jpg

Awesome job, Dale. I like the realistic eyes and the flow of the manes, as well as the defined faces. You are an artist and a craftsman. Thanks for sharing!

Johanna

Very cool.

Any of you in the Santa Clara, CA area, I have just been notified that this piece has been selected for the Bay Area Arts Valentine show (Look of Love) at Art Object Gallery from 1-10 Feb -- opening reception on Feb 2 (I won't be there). Now I have to stay up late to build the packaging for it. Incidentally, I call it "With One Heart"

Dale

By the way, thanks for the accolades.

Congratulations Dale! ... Looks like you have a case of pony love! ... lol ... and a winner at that!

Any of you in the Santa Clara, CA area, I have just been notified that this piece has been selected for the Bay Area Arts Valentine show (Look of Love) at Art Object Gallery from 1-10 Feb -- opening reception on Feb 2 (I won't be there). Now I have to stay up late to build the packaging for it. Incidentally, I call it "With One Heart"

Dale

By the way, thanks for the accolades.

Hi Dale,

Congratulations on getting your piece into the show!

You should probably slap me upside the head. When you sent the picture of the piece, I spent a lot of time looking at it, trying to figure out how you did this and that. Studying the craftmanship and not seeing the whole piece for what you were trying to show. Guess it just proves what we have been talking about is true. It wasn't until I read your post last night when you mentioned what you named the piece that I actually "got it". Now that I understand what you were doing, it is really a cool piece. It's so much more than just well formed and colored horses. It actually says something, like art is supposed to do. I hope it really does well in the show! Wish I could be there to see it in person.

Clay

Edited by ClayB