kgg

Solid Copper Rivets and Burrs

I needed some #9 solid copper rivets with a overall length of 1 1/2 " for a project. I even went to a couple of Chinese manufacturers with no luck unless I wanted to order 30,000. I did find a supplier in Ontario but they are a little pricey. So my question is who makes these in North American?

kgg

26 minutes ago, Gezzer said:

I think I see some there .

Thank you. Yes your link does show them. I thought $0.60 CAD per set delivered was a bit steep their price when converted from USD is $0.94 plus shipping. I am still looking for a manufacturer rather then a distributor / retailer.

kgg

Beiler's Manufacturing sells them for $17.22/ lb with quantity discounts available for 10 lb or 50 lb.  I counted ~100 rivets and burrs in a 1 lb box of 1" #9 copper rivets, so fewer pieces for 1-1/2" rivets.  They have copper and brass rivets in a variety of sizes and lengths.  Can call them to get a catalog or order by phone.  717-768-0174

1 hour ago, TomE said:

Beiler's Manufacturing sells them for $17.22/ lb with quantity discounts available for 10 lb or 50 lb.

Thank you, I will give them a call tomorrow.

kgg

I thank you as well.   Rebuilding some clutches on trip hammers that use leather.  Good prices from Beiler!

17 hours ago, TomE said:

Can call them to get a catalog or order by phone.  717-768-0174

I did call them and they were willing to send me a catalog which did surprise me as I'm in Canada.

An update on the #9 rivets and burrs I got in Canada. First I have to shout out to their excellent service. The box of #9 rivets / burrs arrived but it had no burrs and weight the little cardboard box it weighted 12.45 oz on my little digital scale that are for under 3lb. Called them and the owner once I mentioned the box had a "Opened" in hand writing on the top flap he knew it was sent out by mistake. Another 16 oz box of rivets and burrs is on it's the way with extra burrs for the short changed box with free shipping.

I am pleased with how I was treated. It does show their are still some companies out there with excellent customer service. Once the new box arrives I will weight it and count how many #9 x 1 1/2" rivets are in it.

kgg

On 8/27/2024 at 8:21 PM, TomE said:

I counted ~100 rivets and burrs in a 1 lb box of 1" #9 copper rivets, so fewer pieces for 1-1/2" rivets.

@MikeRock

My replacements arrive about noon today which is really quick as I had only contacted the vendor yesterday about 1pm.

I know I'm being anal but anyway here is what I found:

i) Small cardboard box with rivets and burrs weighted in at 16.65 oz

ii) Small cardboard box weighted in at 0.50 oz

iii) Just the rivets weight in at 14.45 oz

iv) Just the burrs 2.15 oz

v) There were 77 #9 --- 1 1/2" solid copper rivets

Does any have any info on the strength of #9 verses #12 solid copper rivets???

kgg