Hunkering down in my place,  in the deep woods just outside of Tallahassee. Last night I was in the cross hairs now it shows coming thru a little bit East of me. It’s been raining since last night, that soaks the ground good and makes it easier for the trees to come down, the ones that don’t snap. Keeping my fingers crossed. Supposed to come thru around 11:00 tonight. Prayers going out to anyone in the path of this storm.

Prayers for you, and everyone else in its path! :unsure:

Here in the UK we have no clue what 130 mph wind feels like. I have a good idea though and my thoughts are with you. Must be truly frightening to know what's coming and be unable to do a damn thing about it.

I think we may have had gusts to around 110 mph / 177 kph. A few times heard a "freight train" sound associated with tornados. I think our sustained winds were about 80 mph / 129 kph. Our power was out just a few hours shy of a week, and we're one of the fortunate ones. Where I work has 60% back on. We're fine, with damage to the house so minor it can't really be considered such.

Would like to say that leatherworking has taken a distant back seat but am thinking of a sheath for my club ax. May look into a new one since the one I have is between three and four decades old and shows the wear of sharpening. A sharp ax saves work, and while it raises a sweat, it doesn't need gasoline or charging.

Helene passed me just to the east so I didn’t get hammered, winds only got up around 50 mph around me and around eight inches of rain. Milton is headed to Tampa-Clearwater now, I moved from Clearwater to the woods in North Florida three years ago. Lived there around 35 years and seen a lot of hurricanes skirt by but never a direct hit. We always said the big one would hit…could be next year or a hundred years. This is the one. I have a lot of friends down there and I’m praying for them, that area is going to get clobbered like no one could imagine. Hurricane Michael hit my area of North Florida five years ago and I couldn’t believe the damage I saw.