Gezzer

Need to vent a little ...

I ordered a shoulder and some Ritza tread from a big name supplier on Oct 3 . Checked tracking and saw it had  been sitting in Hodgkins Ill. for a couple of days , so I called customer service at the supplier . Thinking my stuff was probably lost , I figured the shipper would be the one to start a lost parcel trace . 
Talked with a fellow who assured me " he didn't think it was lost "and then went on to explain to me about the recent  bad weather , I assume he was referring to hurriane Helene . 
Dumb me , I didn't know Hodgkins Ill. was impacted by the hurricane . My heart goes out and hope they recover and rebuild soon .
Boy that conversation put me at ease !  But now tracking doesn't show my stuff was ever in Hogkins , it's now in Hermiston Or. and has been there a couple of days . I must admit at first I thought the $36.70 shipping was a little high but now that I understand my stuff is doing a tour of the lower 48 it doesn't seem quite as steep !!!!!!!!!!
So my hat is off to customer service and it has been so much fun , I can hardly wait to order again .

When I finally receive my stuff ( around July 4th ) I will be sure and post pics . :spoton:

LOL. I heard that when people were homeschooling during COVID, some used the package tracking app for geography lessons!  ;)

And although I'm sure the USPS is worse, Canada ain't anything to brag about, either. When one of my nieces sent a Christmas parcel to her sister in Manitoba, first province west of Ontario, it was first sent to New Brunswick, which is on the east coast..  :rolleyes2:

Edited by Sheilajeanne

oh, dear, you ppl do have some bad couriers

10 hours ago, fredk said:

oh, dear, you ppl do have some bad couriers

Fred , while you are 100% correct , I am more disappointed with customer service trying to BS me with the phony weather excuse . Not at all seeming to care if my order was lost or not .

It's all good though , just one more lesson I had to pay for :P

11 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

LOL. I heard that when people were homeschooling during COVID, some used the package tracking app for geography lessons!  ;)

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can see that working VERY WELL

5 hours ago, Gezzer said:

Fred , while you are 100% correct , I am more disappointed with customer service trying to BS me with the phony weather excuse . Not at all seeming to care if my order was lost or not .

It's all good though , just one more lesson I had to pay for :P

Yeah they were just trying to guess at a reason...and it's probably the same reason UPS or USPS gave them "weather issues around the country have caused delays" (without even looking at the route).  I will say as someone who ships, we do get a lot of customers mad at us for things that happen after the item has left our control; they think we can somehow on our end push a huge carrier to find one little package when it a couple days off the delivery estimate. 

I once had a person who ordered "standard shipping" get really insistent that I ship out a replacement order Next-day Air ($50+) because the post office had apparently lost their item. 

Edited by nstarleather

16 hours ago, Gezzer said:

May I share with you; recently I bought a fold-up table for use at craft fairs et cetera. It was sent on 3-day delivery. Day 3 I got text and emails advising it was due for delivery and the time slot. No delivery. I checked the tracking and at time of delivery it was logged back in to  courier depot. I had to wait for the next day to phone their customer services. The phone call was short. 'I'll see why your parcel wasn't delivered'. Within a minute;  'The delivery van broke down yesterday. All the parcels on it had to be taken in. They've now been logged in and out again and yours will be delivered tomorrow. Sorry about that'    No BS, no funny excuses. And parcel was delivered the next morning