Sign in to follow this  
Mike Craw

profile glitch

It only updates every hour, but yours shouldn't be reading "zero". I'll check into it.

Johanna

thank you,,,my puter went down for a few days and I started having DT's,,so I'm getting my fix

OK Skip it bit ... lol! You ought'a have at least 2 on there. It'll only took me a dozen of so tries to access it. I'm wearing out the back button on this browser, but it don't discriminate, I can't get to mine either ... lol!

Ever since the Profile views went down a while back, the "profiles view" hasn't been working either. I think the two are related to each other in some way.

And yes the back button is getting a bit worn out....LOL

Ken

Every time I try to look at a profile, the page starts to appear and then flashes to a blank white screen with the message:

<script type="text/javascript"

in the upper left corner. Is it something I'm doing?

Mike

it's not you...it's us...this is a known issue....meaning we know it's happening....don't know why yet (at least i don't) but we know it's happening....USUALLY when this happens you can refresh the page and the profile will show up....if it doesn't show up after a refresh...press the back button it should show up then

it's not you...it's us...this is a known issue....meaning we know it's happening....don't know why yet (at least i don't) but we know it's happening....USUALLY when this happens you can refresh the page and the profile will show up....if it doesn't show up after a refresh...press the back button it should show up then

I have tried the back button up to six times. I know..."How do you keep and idiot busy..." Since you already know from previous dealings with me that I'm technically challenged, I have no shame in asking - How do I do a "refresh?"

Mike

either f5 on your keyboard or...the refresh button in your browser (looks like two green arrows chasing themselves around in a circle)

however...i do notice now that you're getting a different message than the rest of everyone....i don't know what that means....i cna't think of anything special your computer would need to display the profiles...

Oh oh, now even my computer is "special"? I'll try the refresh and see what happens.

Edit: Just went back and hit the refresh button after the profile view screen went blank, and it worked. I'll leave it to you to figure oout why I'm "special" but I appreciate the help.

Mike

Okay, Mike & Ken- try it now. Let me know if it is fixed. My fingers and eyes are crossed, and I'm wearing my tinfoil underthings. Let me know.

Johanna

Try it now, Ken.

~J

:sign23:

Let me know if you guys are still having problems with the profiles. I think we got it!

Johanna

:evillaugh:

Good job Jo! The profiles are working here. The first time in a long time. Now I can put Opera in mothballs ....

WOW! Hey, that profile thing is really cool, now that I can see it! Oh great, I can see I won't get much work done tonight... too busy reading threads and profiles...

:specool:

Works GREAT again...thanks Johanna, you're the BEST.

Ken

Whew. The fix passed the Beaverslayer Test. It really worked. (pinching myself)

Nah, I am not the best, not even close. The boss fixed it, and casually mentioned "dropping a field and letting it recreate", which is obviously magic. I don't have any other explanation. He fixed it while he was fixing something else, today's completely unrelated server error. He is amazing like that.

The Monkey was a huge help today. He helped me say , "Oh, crap!" over and over until we caught the boss man's attention. Fortunately, most of the time we were down I was blissfully unaware of the problem. I was at Wal-Mart wondering why I didn't order everything I wanted for the kids online in July?

Anyway, I'm going to consider this thing fixed unless someone complains. (Thank you, boss!)

Johanna