Sign in to follow this  
Mike Craw

profile glitch

just visited 5 or 6 and all worked good I am using Ubuntu 7.10 and firefox 2.0.0.8 (Finally got Ubuntu setup and working ok, lots of issues on a toshiba satalite) Jordan

only works with the back button...ie

It's back to working with the back button almost all the time; I'd say 95% of the time. On those it didn't work with the first time I kept on back and forth and after 4 or 5 times the back button would get me to their profile. I don't know if this will help you. I was testing on that thread about ranger belts. The first post by Robert I could not get to his profile, but scrolling down Robert has another post where he's answering about the billet keeper and that one works using the back button. On the first (top) post I can't get to his profile at all. I try again later. Maybe this will help somehow.

Hey, Bill- what happens when you click "members" top right of main page of the forum? Do the lists display like they should? Can you click directly (w/o the back button) into a profile from that page?

Johanna

I get the error page and 2 out of 15 tries, a different profile on each attempt, the back button returned me to the member page, only twice did the back button take me to a member's profile.

Hey, Bill- what happens when you click "members" top right of main page of the forum? Do the lists display like they should? Can you click directly (w/o the back button) into a profile from that page?

Johanna

Johanna, I'm in Opera and the profiles work as they should. I've gone back and forth between Opera and IE and IE stills gives the error page and around half the time the back button does not get you to the profile as before but brings you back to the thread. If you just click profile, back, profile, back it will somewhere between three and ten times go to the member profile, but it's via the back button, not clicking the profile button that get you there. If we're beatin' a dead horse here tell me to shove off and I'll go read and write scuttlebutt ... lol. Hope this helps.

'til later, ~Bill

Johanna

Johanna, the list does show up like it should, but when you try to look at the profile, you still have to use the back button. Sometimes you have to click it a few times to get the "whole" profile, as it does not always show everything.

It all works real good with firefox though, just IE it has the problems.

Ken

Anybody a whiz at mySQL databases for PHP and IPB software?

ALTER TABLE ibf_profile_portal_views ADD views_member_id int(10) NOT NULL default '0'

That's my repair query, and it doesn't work. What is weird is that I use IE 6 & 7 and have no problems, and you guys say it works in Opera and Firefox. I think it may be related to a modification, not the power surge Dec 19, but I'm not sure. I'll be working with the helpdesk until this problem is resolved, if I have to go backwards through all the mods.

Johanna

What's your IE 7 build? Mine is IE 7.0.5730.11 and I have the problem (must back page to see profile). Perhaps those of us having the problem are on same IE release.

Regis

im on the same ie as you Regis and have the same problems as you, Don

Mine is also: IE 7.0.5730.11

I cannot access member profiles including my own. I get an "Internet Explorer cannot display this page" white balnk screen. I think I'm a member in good standing and don't know why it would be blocked. I do remember readin something similar to this a while back.

Paul

Edited by sheathmaker

I'm working on it, Paul. I moved your thread into the bigger one to keep everything in one place.

Johanna

Well I wont be much help because I don't know what IE or Firefox or any other computer thingy is. But if some one would let me know I'll find out what we have at the house. When I click on member profile it comes up for about a seconded and then dissapears for a sec. then comes back fine. I know this probally doesn't help but that is what the computer does at the house. Mike

IE is Internet Explorer. Foxfire's a browser, as is IE, Opera and there were others mentioned, I think. If you click Help on your browser toolbar you'll probably get a drop down with several choices, one being About ? ... the ? being the name of your browser. If you come up with a Red Legged fox in a forest fire, I'm headin' for the hills ... lol!

Bill thanks for the answers.It looks like we use IE version 6.0.2900.2180 and I just clicked on member profile and it's doing the same as before. Coming up for a seconed then going away and coming back. Mike

Looks like the problem some of you were having finally found its way to ND. I had the same problem a couple times yesterday, but it has been working fine again today.

I'm happy to find this thread - I thought maybe new members were not allowed to view other's profiles!

I too run IE and can not get the profiles to come up, even using the back button and refreshing. It comes up for a second, then I get the dreaded "The Page Cannot Be Displayed".

Here's hoping the mods can figure it out... there are lots of interesting people who I would like to get to know better...

:smashcomp::smashcomp::smashcomp:

:ranting2: doggone computers!

I'm trying to fix it w/o breaking anything else. The IPB tech was zero help. I have one other trick up my sleeve, though. Everybody get your tinfoil hats ready, and wish me luck!

Johanna

Johanna, I've had my tinfoil hat on for a LONG time now, I'm just waiting...I know it's coming....just when...who knows.

Be prepared I was taught.

Ken

P.S. You should try lacing with tinfoil.

howdie,,,

on my profile page,,,what is the profile views counter supose to do? :unsure:

pretty much just to tell you how important you are.....not really...it's just something that's included in the board...just tells you how many folk have been looking at your profile

I don't think mine works,,a couple of folks have stopped by but it still reads "0",,,hmmmm

hmm...not sure why it's showing that....one way or another it's inconsequential...that number isn't really needed for anything...