Sign in to follow this  
Roger

Ladder 29 seat

well... after being rather slow for the past few months for some reason thngs are picking up again. normally things get slow this time of year for a couple months but, i am now booked up for at least the next seven weeks for a seat a week!!

2.5 hours of tooling tonight.

DSC03252.jpg

DSC03251.jpg

That a freakin sweat design and you did a great job on it. Can't wait to see this one done.

Love the design! Should look great on the bike when your finished!

Well what can one say to that its the bezaway, wow nice tooling and design, glad things are picking up for ya, Don

That's an awesome design, skulls and flames are bulletproof I think, or maybe I should say fireproof;-)

The backgrounding is among the nicest ones I ever seen and the dotted line on the outer edges makes the whole piece stand out even more.

That seat will make someone very proud!

cant get a close enough look but is that the tandy motorcycle chain going around it as a border?

That a freakin sweat design and you did a great job on it. Can't wait to see this one done.

thanks freak!

should be done in a couple days

Love the design! Should look great on the bike when your finished!

thanks warren! i have pics of the paint work on the bike, i'll have to post those pics

Well what can one say to that its the bezaway, wow nice tooling and design, glad things are picking up for ya, Don

thanks don, hopefully i can keep this moving :spoton:

That's an awesome design, skulls and flames are bulletproof I think, or maybe I should say fireproof;-)

The backgrounding is among the nicest ones I ever seen and the dotted line on the outer edges makes the whole piece stand out even more.

That seat will make someone very proud!

thanks tom!

the background tool is the same one i used to texture the tool bag i posted

a few days ago and the matting on the outside was done with a pebbler

cant get a close enough look but is that the tandy motorcycle chain going around it as a border?

nope! just using my pebbler but, the chain may have been a nice touch :specool:

closer pic

DSC03251-1.jpg

here are some pics of the paint.

100_9701.jpg

100_9719.jpg

100_9717.jpg

WOW!! I'm not a bike person by any means but I would sure as heck ride something that looked like that!!! Great work Mike

Hey Roger,

Very clean and crisp artwork as usual. I actually have 3 custom orders too. And the usual production stuff for SPS. I also have one coming back for repair....that should be interesting! They tell me the lacing is torn up.....sounds like someone dropped their bike.....we'll see just how bad it is. The repair might be an interesting one for the site.

Congrats on the new business, I knew all you had to do was hang in there....

Dave Theobald

Great to hear your back in the limelight Roger. That's a sweet looking seat going on a sweet looking bike. Great work.

Ken

thanks guys!

i will get it finished up over the weekend. i got it all laced up and installed tonight.

it's going to be mostly my favorite color (black :censored2::censored2::ranting2: ) but i'm going to do some painting on the tooling.

gotta start the next one this weekend also :spoton:

very nice! for most of your seats do you draw the design yourself or do most people come in with artwork?

thanks!

i don't often draw from scratch. i normally start with something and modify it.

some people have artwork or a tee shirt ect or they tell me what they like or don't like and i'll work something up

you mentioned that the backgroeund was done with a pebbler, or pebbeleld look to it. did you make that tool yourself or could it be one of Robert Beard's? the seat looks great!!!!

you mentioned that the backgroeund was done with a pebbler, or pebbeleld look to it. did you make that tool yourself or could it be one of Robert Beard's? the seat looks great!!!!

thanks skip!

i can't afford robert beard's tools.

i have a set from hide crafter. pretty sure RB designed them.

I can see why your busy bud, fantastic stuff! Congrats!

here it is!

i still need to buff it some and cover the bottom but, it's about done.

also did some dye work on the second one.

i covered the seat early in the year and he decided he wanted it faded to black so, here is that seat faded like the tool bag

DSC03268.jpg

DSC03266.jpg

DSC03265.jpg

DSC03262.jpg

Great looking seats as always Roger. The Fire Fighters one turned out REAL nice. Thanks for sharing.

Ken

Great work on the ladder 29 seat. Even though it is Dave's favorite color you can still see the tooling.

I love the way the fade looks on the other one. Do you use a airbrush ? Did you just clean it and add black ?

Great work on the ladder 29 seat. Even though it is Dave's favorite color you can still see the tooling.

I love the way the fade looks on the other one. Do you use a airbrush ? Did you just clean it and add black ?

thanks freak!

yes, i have been using an airbrush for a few years now. i haven't had much call for a fade job lately. i enjoy doing brown fade making the seat look a blt old and warn. i did lots of cleaning applied the black then ended up cleaning the sides again and let a heavy coat sit on the sides to get good cosistant coverage. i originally covered the seat early this year and had dyed it light brown