Hedge

Latest Quigley cartridge belt

We just finished a Quigley for a customer. This one, we both worked on. Myriam is more meticulous than I, so she did the punching, dye application and lacing. I got to play around with cutting the belt, stamping and doing the finish. (I'm going to make one for myself and do all the work, doggonit! :bawling: )

We got a Paasche airbrush to apply the dyes. Boy, does that do a good job!

So far, I think this is the best one we've made.

QuigleyBeltbrn.jpg

post-6209-1232143827_thumb.jpg

Nice belt!

Looks great, really classy.

Cheers,

Karl

Fantastic belt I love it what dyes did you use.

Josh.

Nice belt!

Looks great, really classy.

Cheers,

Karl

Thanks, Karl. :)

Fantastic belt I love it what dyes did you use.

Josh.

Thanks, Josh.

We did some experimenting with a variety of dyes and came up with a mix of Angelus and Fiebing's which gave us the color we were looking for.

Funny thing is, we ordered different Angelus colors to try out. When we tried the "Chocolate" it was PURPLE on application! :blink:

Good thing we tested it first.

WELL I GUEES YOU HAVE MADE ME WANT TO DO SOMETHING FOR MY SELF.

i'll have to do one for my Remington Rollin Block .45-70.

THE CARTRIDGE BELT LOOKS GREAT ESPECIALLY THE BRADING, THAT REALLY SETS

THE BELT OFF.

Phenomenal! That's one of the nicest cartridge belts I've seen for quite a while!

Really excellent!

Steve

WELL I GUEES YOU HAVE MADE ME WANT TO DO SOMETHING FOR MY SELF. i'll have to do one for my Remington Rollin Block .45-70. THE CARTRIDGE BELT LOOKS GREAT ESPECIALLY THE BRADING, THAT REALLY SETSTHE BELT OFF.
Thanks, Luke!Yup, yur rollin' block needs a good belt to go with it. :gun: Myriam appreciates the comment about the braiding...but now, how am I going to getto do some? (Myriam chips in: "You're not, you're outta luck, dude! ;)" )
Phenomenal! That's one of the nicest cartridge belts I've seen for quite a while!Really excellent!Steve
Thanks Steve!Feels good to know people like your work. :yes:

Wow! That is beautiful!

That's awesome Hedge. Great work by the two of you.

Butch

That's awesome Hedge. Great work by the two of you.

Butch

Thanks much, Butch!

It's fun working together. We each have our particular expertise we can apply to a job. :)

It's fun working together. We each have our particular expertise we can apply to a job. :)

That's so neat! :) I really like the applique braid, too.

Kate

That's so neat! :) I really like the applique braid, too.

Kate

Thanks, Kate :)

Yup, I like the way she did the braid. Near as we can tell, that's the original pattern. We spent

a lot of time examining video stills from the movie to get the design right.

Howdy Hedge.

Just caught the picture of your Quigley cartridge belt. Fine piece of craftsmanship.

Cheers.

C79

Howdy Hedge.

Just caught the picture of your Quigley cartridge belt. Fine piece of craftsmanship.

Cheers.

C79

Thanks, C79. And a howdy back to ya. cowboy.gif

We're working on getting better. Myriam's a stickler for doing it right and keeps me on track. :)

Beautiful job, Hedge and Myriam! The hubby was peeking over my shoulder when I first looked at this - and now he wants one. (I must put a bell on him so he can't sneak up like that. :) ) He likes everthing on the utlitarian side with little decoration to it, but he really liked the braiding, as do I.

I have used the Fiebings Chocolate and have gotten good results, although there is a definite cherry undertone to it. I just played with some Fiebings Walnut Stain and that is a dark chocolate color with more of a tan undertone to it. Don't know if that is what you are looking for.

Let's see some more!

Crystal

Wow! That is beautiful!

Thanks, Trooper!

Beautiful job, Hedge and Myriam! The hubby was peeking over my shoulder when I first looked at this - and now he wants one. (I must put a bell on him so he can't sneak up like that. :) ) He likes everthing on the utlitarian side with little decoration to it, but he really liked the braiding, as do I.

I have used the Fiebings Chocolate and have gotten good results, although there is a definite cherry undertone to it. I just played with some Fiebings Walnut Stain and that is a dark chocolate color with more of a tan undertone to it. Don't know if that is what you are looking for.

Let's see some more!

Crystal

Thanks, Crystal! :)

LOL!! The bell is a clever idea.

He wants one, eh? Well all the info is in the pic. Sounds like a nice winter project for a loving wife. :rolleyes2:

(is he looking over your shoulder?)

Seriously, PM Myriam if you'd like us to help you make it or to make one for him.

We haven't tried the Fiebing's Chocolate. Thought we'd try Angelus because we heard they didn't

have the reddish tint. But that PURPLE (Chocolate) was a shocker. We're still waiting to hear from them about that. The brown looked good though.

Forgot to ask...need some snow? We have loads of it piled up around the place. Just going to waste.

50+ inches so far. Makes things pretty but tough to get to town. We're snow bound until the county

plows the road to our place.

Myriam wanted to get out and do something...cabin fever, methinks. Anyway, she unlimberd the .45,

put a playing card up against a snowbank and proceeded to ventilate the card and snow. Nice to see

a happy woman! :cowgirl::gun:

Edited by Hedge

That is a nice gun belt. It seems to have paid off to do the mixing and get that final color. That looks really good.

That is a nice gun belt. It seems to have paid off to do the mixing and get that final color. That looks really good.

Thanks Max.

We went through a mess of dyes, trying different mixes until we found what we wanted. Mix a sample, spray it, let it dry, clean the airbrush out and do it again. But, you're right, it does pay off. :)

Thanks, Crystal! :)

LOL!! The bell is a clever idea.

He wants one, eh? Well all the info is in the pic. Sounds like a nice winter project for a loving wife. :rolleyes2:

(is he looking over your shoulder?)

Seriously, PM Myriam if you'd like us to help you make it or to make one for him.

We haven't tried the Fiebing's Chocolate. Thought we'd try Angelus because we heard they didn't

have the reddish tint. But that PURPLE (Chocolate) was a shocker. We're still waiting to hear from them about that. The brown looked good though.

Forgot to ask...need some snow? We have loads of it piled up around the place. Just going to waste.

50+ inches so far. Makes things pretty but tough to get to town. We're snow bound until the county

plows the road to our place.

Myriam wanted to get out and do something...cabin fever, methinks. Anyway, she unlimberd the .45,

put a playing card up against a snowbank and proceeded to ventilate the card and snow. Nice to see

a happy woman! :cowgirl::gun:

Thanks for the offer to help, I appreciate it! Right now he wants to work on a holster - so we will see how that goes first.

I think we got some of your cold - thanks for sending that East. You may get dry this summer, so I will pass on your offer of sending snow.

I am not sure I would be allowed to be near any firearms at all - cabin'd in with 50+ inches of snow, unplowed roads... I think our place would turn into something akin to "The Shining". :blink:

Stay warm!

Crystal

Hey, glad to see you're back Hedge!!!

That is a sweet looking cartridge belt, love the applique lacing but now you got me thinking of stuff for the rifle sling I'm supposed to make and I wanna keep it cheap and simple, oh my oh my;-)

Nice job!!!!

Tom

Thanks for the offer to help, I appreciate it! Right now he wants to work on a holster - so we will see how that goes first.

I think we got some of your cold - thanks for sending that East. You may get dry this summer, so I will pass on your offer of sending snow.

I am not sure I would be allowed to be near any firearms at all - cabin'd in with 50+ inches of snow, unplowed roads... I think our place would turn into something akin to "The Shining". :blink:

Stay warm!

Crystal

You're welcome. :)

Post a pic of the holster when he's done.

Naw, you didn't get any of our cold temps. I'm absolutely sure they stayed here. Woke up last week

with the liquid thermometer bottomed out below -50 and the electronic one out of range!

LOL!!! about "the Shining" :lol:

I don't think it'll get that bad out here. Plenty to do to keep busy.

Hey, glad to see you're back Hedge!!!

That is a sweet looking cartridge belt, love the applique lacing but now you got me thinking of stuff for the rifle sling I'm supposed to make and I wanna keep it cheap and simple, oh my oh my;-)

Nice job!!!!

Tom

Thanks, Tom!

Still keeping busy with non-leather stuff. Just lucky to work some time in to do leather work.

Making a rifle sling, eh? I'd love to see what you come up with. Allow me to pass on a bit of advise

regarding lacing on one. If you do applique on it, make sure you don't allow it to interfere with the

smoothness of the back side of the sling. That includes any border lacing. Makes carrying a heavy rifle tough on the shoulder. I made that mistake once on a Cobra style sling. A lot of wasted work. :bike: