Denise

They're Back!!!!!

For the ¾ of you who have joined since the Great Crash of ’08, you may not have noticed that though the forum was started in June 2006, none of the posts were older than January, 2008. That is because there was a server crash and all the previous topics were lying around on the floor in pieces.

CONGRATULATIONS go to Citizen Kate – who actually wrote a computer program that could put Humpty Dumpty together again. Then she and Johanna (who has done the majority of the “grunt work” in these restorations – THANK YOU Johanna!) had to individually read and title all three thousand, four hundred and forty four topics. Then a few more of us got in there to individually move all 3,444 topics back into their appropriate forums. Major thanks for this go again to Johanna and ClayB, who mustn’t have left his computer for a day or two in order to do all the ones he did. But the job of restoring the 3,444 old topics (did I mention how many there were?) is DONE!

So for those who have joined since the crash, take a look in your favorite forums. There is some “new” old material to go over. For those of us who have been wanting to re-read something, or check out that picture that went missing, it’s back! Let the celebration begin!

And for everyone who knows that Leatherworker has helped them and is a benefit to the industry, please consider chipping into the kitty. (A donation button is on the main page of the forum.) It costs money to keep the lights on around here, and any contributions are gratefully accepted. So join in and have a cup of coffee, but I’d recommend skipping the doughnuts. ClayB has been so busy moving topics back home he hasn’t been watching his dog lick the icing off them. (And you thought they were just glazed…)

A Big THANK YOU for the people behind the scenes!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

For those like me that joined after the Crash,

Check out the RESOURCES section, a lot of good information.

Woohoo!!! :banana: A big thanks to everyone involved. I don't know how you all had the time to get it done. Thanks Johanna, Clay and Citizen Kane. Maybe now I can find the holster I have been searching for. Thanks

Woohoo!!! :banana: A big thanks to everyone involved. I don't know how you all had the time to get it done. Thanks Johanna, Clay and Citizen Kane. Maybe now I can find the holster I have been searching for. Thanks

thank you folks a mine of info, id missed...... THANK YOU for the little computer gnomes whose magic made this happen. May you all have fish on your rods and sprites on your screens.

Geez! It's an adventure in Wonderland for me to sign-on and try just to READ my email!! I can't imagine finding all the ones that AREN'T THERE!!!

Thakn you all!

Mike

It sounds like it was a heck of a task putting it all back together. But this is such a great resource, I think it was definitely worth it to make the effort. Kudos to everyone involved! :clapping:

:jawdropper::You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon: Fantastic work you guys and girls!!!

Tom

Thanks for all of your efforts!!!!!

thanks team, Very good work thanks

Josh

ooooooooooooooooookay.........time to get busy sorting and cleaning. I'll go get my wireless broom.

Thanks to all that spent countless hours restoring these posts. I can't imagine how painstaking it was. I hope you all know it is much appreciated and many will benefit!!

:thankyou:

For the ¾ of you who have joined since the Great Crash of '08, you may not have noticed that though the forum was started in June 2006, none of the posts were older than January, 2008. That is because there was a server crash and all the previous topics were lying around on the floor in pieces.

CONGRATULATIONS go to Citizen Kate – who actually wrote a computer program that could put Humpty Dumpty together again. Then she and Johanna (who has done the majority of the "grunt work" in these restorations – THANK YOU Johanna!) had to individually read and title all three thousand, four hundred and forty four topics. Then a few more of us got in there to individually move all 3,444 topics back into their appropriate forums. Major thanks for this go again to Johanna and ClayB, who mustn't have left his computer for a day or two in order to do all the ones he did. But the job of restoring the 3,444 old topics (did I mention how many there were?) is DONE!

So for those who have joined since the crash, take a look in your favorite forums. There is some "new" old material to go over. For those of us who have been wanting to re-read something, or check out that picture that went missing, it's back! Let the celebration begin!

And for everyone who knows that Leatherworker has helped them and is a benefit to the industry, please consider chipping into the kitty. (A donation button is on the main page of the forum.) It costs money to keep the lights on around here, and any contributions are gratefully accepted. So join in and have a cup of coffee, but I'd recommend skipping the doughnuts. ClayB has been so busy moving topics back home he hasn't been watching his dog lick the icing off them. (And you thought they were just glazed…)

Just another reason why this board and everyone on it truly rock!!! Forums like these are a library of immeasurable value and it's really honorable that you took the time to put all the material back!!

Thank you.

John Barton

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!

I want to ditto everything everyone said!!!

ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto dito ditto wooo n ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks