ClayB

Swan

I'm about to crash for the night, but I had to squirt in a quick comment. I really love how this is shaping up, so far. WOW! I know a lot can happen between now and the finish, but if this turns out even half as good as it looks so far, you should send a photo of the finished piece to Lora.

Kate

I know a lot can happen between now and the finish, but if this turns out even half as good as it looks so far, you should send a photo of the finished piece to Lora.

Kate,

Are you starting to doubt my abilities?????? :huh: If you are, you're not the only one. I keep waiting for that big :oops: that I can't cover up. So far so good. That is a good idea though, if I can find an address for Lora. I've used a couple patterns from her now and they really work well on leather. Not sure when I'll get my next chance to work on this, dang nice weather. Now I have to actually go to work. I'm really looking forward to when it's close to done and I can put the high gloss varnish on the eye and beak. That's when most of the animals really start to look alive.

I'm glad you like how this is going so far. I'll keep you posted.

I've finally got the shading on the swan to look what I had been seeing in my head. I put some white paint in my tray, dabbed in some water to make it pretty runny, then just dipped the tip of my brush in payne's grey. I mixed that into the white, and went over the areas of the swan's feathers and head that I wanted shadowed.

swan_041__Large_.jpg

Then over this, I went back to stright white, really watered down to just blend in the dark colors a bit. I dry brushed striaght white very lightly on a couple spots of the black part of the head. And I think I'm happy with the swan now!

swan_046__Large_.jpg

post-12-1237380861_thumb.jpg

post-12-1237380930_thumb.jpg