Is there a "normal" number of cartridge loops to put in a western holster belt? I guess everyone has their own way of doing it but I thought there might be a standard for the movie type holsters (not SASS authentic style). I'm looking at buying some dummy cartridges and need to know how many I should get. Also, does anyone have a good supplier for dummy cartridges?

Thanks,

ArtS

when i make a belt 24 is standard and calculated in the price and for each loop more is $2, i think if you have less than 24 loops it looks lost on a standard 36 inch belt, Don

Hollywood style gunrigs usually have cartridge loops from billet to billet. On a 36-38 it amounts to about 30 .45's. A good source for dummy cartridges is Mark Allen Productions.

Keith

ART, A while back I rented John Bianchi's DVDs on holster making... I don't know why but he made a point of mentioning that there are 28 loops... He mentioned it more then once and almost stressed it! :dunno: Now I have not made a rig as of yet but I have seen that number POP up more then once! Go Figure! Good luck!

I was thinking of renting those DVDs. Are they good?

ArtS

ArtS He explaines the process of one style of gunbelt and holster.

he teaches you how to put the finishing touches to your product. i do not regret

spending the money on my set...

Art, I rented mine from Smartflix... Best money I ever spent... I still would consider buying them because the information was priceless.

I saw them on the same site! I'm glad that they're renting them and other craft videos. Great idea.

Art

Art, I rented mine from Smartflix... Best money I ever spent... I still would consider buying them because the information was priceless.