TomSwede

Interviewed by a Norwegian magasine

So today I got a visit from Alf Björnar Luneborg who runs a leatherpublication called lär, sko og skinn (leather, shoes and skin but hide maybe is a better translation rather than skin?).

The magazine has about 60 subscribers today.

He is a member of Lonestar leathercrafters and has taken wins in IFoLG shows too.

He saw my name on the results lists and figured I've gotta be a Swedish bloke so after some research he got hold of my e-mail address and today he stopped by and we had a nice long talk. As usual I kept ranting about things ha ha so I hope he was able to pull something that makes sense out of my mouth.

I brought home the two rod tubes I made and two rifleslings to have a little someting to show off besides some bracers and a flask.

I showed him some of the techniques and stuff that I get questions about here and explained my work to him.

I also introduced him to this wonderful place so I hope he will join in someday.

That was my day today and kinda strange having somebody coming over from Norway to make an article about my work but very nice to be in the spotlight a bit.

Now I feel the demand to work harder and pursue more skill he he darn, the timing is not right for that, thousands of distractions at the moment but that is another story!

Just felt like venting my experience today a little, I'm sure something good will come out of this!!

Tom

I bet that's going to be a great article Tom! You've developed your own unique style and some neat techniques for coloring and things. It should be inspirational for other leather workers in Norway and where ever else the magazine gets read. (hope you can translate the interview so we get to read it too) I hope it gets you some business too, when you are ready for it. Congrats!!

Tom congratulations!!!

Mike

Tom.............CONGRLAUTIONS..........YOU DESERVE IT. :grouphug5vj5::notworthy:

:clapping::thumbsup::Newsicon::trumpet::cheers:

Lillbrorsan i print:-)

Huge Congrats bro...Let's spread the leather bug:-)

That is just fandamntastic! Better clean off the bench, this could lead to some business...

Make sure you get us the transcript!!!!!!!

I love how they have 60 subscribers. That doesn't seem like much, but I'll bet they are the serious ones, and each one knows 10 others.

good show brudda tom!!th_rockit.gif

darryl :cheers:

post-6168-1238641779_thumb.gif

Excellent news Tom!

You are now "known". Maybe even "noted", and on the way to "famous". Just make sure that the day job has an opportunity for a 'leave of absence'.

Thanks alot all you guys!!!!

I'm working hard on the quirks around here to be able to fully focus on leatherwork soon again.

BTW, I've started working with next rod tube again and it has a few qurks in itself so let's hope we can do that one succesfully. Working with client this time to make sure I have full feedback on things and a helping hand. It is a big one.

I'll make sure to let you see a translation.

As far as my "day job" (I work shifts) goes, leave for abscence is an unknown term today when all is about cutting down on personal and trying to compete with the rising Chinese dragon. The papermaking business is tough today...strangely enough the stockholders demands for profit seem to rise every year..hm maybe they havent heard of the worldmarket situation and rising dragons... :rofl:

Sorry for straying off subject, just a sincere reflection about how hard it is to take a day off from work :blahblahblah:

Tom

Congratulations Tom!

i look forward to reading the interview. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

i'm sure this is just the beginning...

good luck with the future

ken

Congrats Tom, I'm sure You'll do Great!! Ed

Tom,

Congratulations on the interview with Alf. He is a very interesting fellow with a heart for telling others about the craft. I was interviewed by him a few years ago while visiting Norway. He spent a day with us during the workshop I was teaching.

Jim Linnell

Thank you Bearman and Jim!!!

He is a very passionate man for leather and the art of crafting! He spoke about you Jim and told me you've met each other. I showed him the board and he was glad to see you were active here aswell!!

Tom

:You_Rock_Emoticon::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::clapping:

Congratz bro!!!

I can't wait to see the article!!!!

Will

Good for you, Tom!!! Never know what this will lead to, huh? I'll be watching... :popcorn:

Kate

Congratulations, Tom !

You never know where this ends ! :thumbsup:

/ Knut

Edited by oldtimer

Congratulations, Tom!

Here's hoping this brings you fame and fortune! :cheers:

(things like this never seem to happen at an opportune time.)

Hedge

That's great Tom. He could do a whole article on your dyeing techniques alone. Bravo!

Uh oh, does this mean Tom's going to be the centerfold?

(Well done, my friend! And well deserved! Can't wait to read it!)

Congratulations, Tom. All publicity is good publicity, and hopefully you'll get some good out of it!

Congrats Tom!

I'm kind of glad that "Hide" is a better translation for the name of the publication. I don't know about over there, but I'd hate to have to tell my friends and family that I had an article written about me in "Skin" magazine...

Maybe it's a translation thing... :rofl:

Mike

good for you tom, your work is great....before you know it, you will have to hire a bodyguard to keep the groupies away.....or not!!!!

Hey Tom !

I got the Norwegian leather magazine a couple of days ago. Now you are a well known leather worker in Scandinavia ! Congrats ! :thumbsup:

( also noticed that my name was mentioned in the article! Thank´s!)

/ Knut

PS. And watch out for those groupies, all they want is your pale body!

Edited by oldtimer

Congrats Tom, I can't wait to read it.

C'mon, put the article up here!!!!! We all want to see it!