rickeyfro

New Leather Supplier

Ive finally gotten tired of the quality of Tandys leather, Im thinking of trying Zack Whites, can I get some feedback from you guys on the best supplier of tooling leather, I dont yet have a tax number so Im limited as to who I can buy from.

Ive finally gotten tired of the quality of Tandys leather, Im thinking of trying Zack Whites, can I get some feedback from you guys on the best supplier of tooling leather, I dont yet have a tax number so Im limited as to who I can buy from.

Wickett and Craig

You can also try Hidecrafter's. They usually have some decent leather.

Edited by Rawhide

I'd say Wickett & Craig too, cleanest, smoothest leather I've seen.

I buy Herman Oak thru Goligers. They do an excellent job in sorting the sides. They are knowledgeable, fast and very plesant to work with. I can't say how competetive they are because I haven't tried anyone else. I have never used Wickett & Craig, but I understnd that their lether is very nice to tool.

Bob

Try Zack White's. Compared to Tandy, it's an amazing step up. I've just received an order from Siegal's of California and their leather is really nice as well. If you spend more than $75, the shipping is free. They were running a sale on veg tan shoulders and they were beautiful. Definitely good enough for a motorcycle seat. You don't need a tax number for either one and you won't be disappointed. I've been successful ordering online and putting a request in the note box for "as blemish free as possible". I definitely got more than my money's worth.

TinyL

Zach is a great guy, and no doubt can help you. You might also consider Springfield leather. You don't need a tax number from them, and they have a wholesale program that will fit your needs. They've got hermann oak leather on sale for the next couple of months, at 4.75 per ft.

Kevin Hopkins

Clarification:

The guy that owns Zack White's is named Tim. Kevin Hopkins, in case you haven't figured it out yet, is the owner of Springfield Leather in Springfield, MO.

Johanna

Clarification:

The guy that owns Zack White's is named Tim. Kevin Hopkins, in case you haven't figured it out yet, is the owner of Springfield Leather in Springfield, MO.

Johanna

HI... Actually, I call Steve from Cinema leather Mr. Cinema. And I refer to Lee Rottman at hermann oak as Mr. Hermann sometimes. I'm a little strange I guess. I think there's a Tim that is production manager at Zach's as well. At least there was when I went to a sewing seminar with him a few years ago. Great folks, and very knowledgeable. Sorry for confusion.

Kevin