key_tag_and_belt_001.jpg this was one of those little jobs that nagged me..did'nt really want to do it..but my friend loved it...so it was worth it

post-7661-1239665378_thumb.jpg

Nicely done with only a little space!

Cool and well done little carving!!

Tom

thank you both for the kind response, i just looked at the pictures again...picked out all the flaws :head_hurts_kr: there are some funny things happening from the camera...but i know what's from the cam and what's from me :( does there come a time when we actually learn what we need to critisize ourselves for and where to give ourselves a bit of slack?

Nice job!

I think you have to be your own worst critic, or you simply don't improve.

I look at everything I've ever made and there isn't a single thing I wouldn't do again, better.

Badger

What Badger said... I couldn't have put it better myself!

Don't you know that the camera adds 10 flaws to any piece? :-)

For me it's a love/hate relationship with high res pix of my stuff. Because I almost always see something that I am not happy with. Sometimes this leads to catching things that we need to fix like dull spots in the finish. On the otehr hand when the blow ups highlight a quality aspect particularly well then I swell up with pride.

A month of so ago I came to the realization that it's nearly impossible to see a product with the naked eye as well as you can see it with a high res picture. Now, this sounds like common sense but bear with me.... here is why in my opinion that this is the case; a picture is static and unmoving and can be blown up instantly. Looking at a product in person makes you look at the totality of the piece, you are taking everything in at once and because of that you tend to skip over things you can see when looking at a picture.

Because of this idea I am now a little less harsh on our goods than I was before. I realize that people aren't looking at our cases like I look at them. They are seeing the whole piece.