esantoro

Joseph Dixon Creasers

I need to purchase Joseph Dixon Creasers, single and screw. Siegel has them for a steep markup. I'm calling Joseph Dixon in the UK tomorrow. Might there be another good source?

Thanks,

Ed

I need to purchase Joseph Dixon Creasers, single and screw. Siegel has them for a steep markup. I'm calling Joseph Dixon in the UK tomorrow. Might there be another good source?

Thanks,

Ed

That's the only place I've ever seen them, Ed.

Bob

http://www.abbeysaddlery.co.uk/product_listing.cfm?page=4

Or

http://www.leffler.com.au/saddlery/tools_dixon.htm

With the value of the Aus to US dollar it might be worthwhile shipping from Australia

Barra

http://www.josephdixon.co.uk/ Contact details for Joseph Dixon

Dixons in the UK don't take credit cards(!)

If you need anything from them, let me know and I'll order, pay by check and send them on to you. You can settle with me by Paypal or something.

Cheers,

Badger

Ed - Let me know what you figure out. I'm interested in the same Dixon tools.

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies and offers of assistants. I'll hold off on an order to give us time to put through a collective order. I called Joseph Dixon.

Screw Crease is 25.87 pounds, about $44. Single Crease is 13.88 pounds, about $23.50. Shipping for these two items to New York shouldn't run more than 8 pounds, about $13.

We'll share the shipping to NY, based on either weight of individual items or number, and then you'll pay cost for shipping from NY to you.

I've got to send JD an email to see if they take US Postal money orders, which I think are good internationally, as long as the world is still taking our money.

Tell me what items you're interested in and I'll call JD for prices. I'll email to see if i can get a price list. I think JD may have some nice stitching awls for a reasonable price.

Karl and UK Ray, what do you think of JD stitching awls?

Ed

Ed,

I don't use a JD stitching awl. Ray may be more help.

Sorry.

I use other JD tools and they are well made and robust. Sometimes a little heavy-handed, but good tools.

Badger

Ed,

I don't use a JD stitching awl. Ray may be more help.

Sorry.

I use other JD tools and they are well made and robust. Sometimes a little heavy-handed, but good tools.

Badger

Heavy handed seems ideal for creasers, especially if you want to heat them up and have them hold the heat. The JD creasers may be the only ones capable of doing this.

ed

Edited by esantoro

Then these are they :thumbsup:

Badger

Siegel offers two sizes for the screw crease and five sizes for the single crease. I think Abbey Saddlery offers only one size of each, but I must double check. Joseph Dixon doesn't list various sizes.

ed

Sorry to drop in here so late. Ed - must you have new tools? I have a quite a few spare, used JD creasers - both adjustable and single. I also have a packet of 60 year old JD awl blades that are a delight to work with - I can spare one or two. Let me know what you want to do.

Sorry to drop in here so late. Ed - must you have new tools? I have a quite a few spare, used JD creasers - both adjustable and single. I also have a packet of 60 year old JD awl blades that are a delight to work with - I can spare one or two. Let me know what you want to do.

How I wish this post wasn't 4 years old.

If you letting go of more Dixon tools, please post them here on Leatherworker.

Booth and Co. in the Boston Area seems to be a dealer of Dixon Tools.

http://www.boothandco.com/handtools.html