hidepounder

Full Size Organizer

I am sorry to say Bob but I talked to vickie Friday afternoon they are no longer saling there stuff you now have to go to the horses mouth and I spoke to that mouth Friday afternoon and it is just so you can't get it from vickie any more or hitching post supply.

Josh

I am sorry to say Bob but I talked to vickie Friday afternoon they are no longer saling there stuff you now have to go to the horses mouth and I spoke to that mouth Friday afternoon and it is just so you can't get it from vickie any more or hitching post supply.

Josh

Josh....do they still have their $200 minimum or did they say?

There's a $200 min for wholesale but they now offer retail as well

Josh

Josh....do they still have their $200 minimum or did they say?

do they have a priceless or a catalog if i call warehouse number?

do they have a priceless or a catalog if i call warehouse number?

I can't answwer that...I know they used to have a flyer that showed their products, but I don't know about a price list. You'll have to call them, I guess...

Bob

The new catalog comes out the first of June they are sending me one.

Josh

Bob,

Did you use a Bell Knife Skiver to skive down the edges for the fold or did you do it by hand?

It great looking piece of work as usual.

Ash

Bob,

Did you use a Bell Knife Skiver to skive down the edges for the fold or did you do it by hand?

It great looking piece of work as usual.

Ash

Hi Ashley,

I don't have a bell knife skiver...I always wish I did when doing these type projects. I would be great for me when I build the interiors myself, also, but they are expensive and there are some other things I need first.

When doing these by hand, I gouge a groove at the fold line, then use a French edger to take out the shoulder from each side of the groove. Then I use a head knife to skive the remaining material to a feather edge.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Bob

Without doubt some of the finest tooling I have ever seen. I was planning a sojourn to Sheridan to see the hotbed of this type of carving. Turns out, perhaps the ultimate is right here in my own back yard. I live in Peoria BTW

I have not picked up a swivel knife and my Dad's tools in over 32 years. While I was proud of my first effort back at the tooling bench, after seeing some of your stellar work, I want to put my marbles in a bag and leave the playground........LOL. I would truly love an audience with a master such as yourself, so that I may continually improve, as leather carving is so soothing to me during these stressful times. Beer or coffee is on me

-Clif Watkins

watk69@aol.com

Photo_Album.jpg

Photo_Album.jpg

post-10386-1244139794_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cliffy

Bob

Without doubt some of the finest tooling I have ever seen. I was planning a sojourn to Sheridan to see the hotbed of this type of carving. Turns out, perhaps the ultimate is right here in my own back yard. I live in Peoria BTW

I have not picked up a swivel knife and my Dad's tools in over 32 years. While I was proud of my first effort back at the tooling bench, after seeing some of your stellar work, I want to put my marbles in a bag and leave the playground........LOL. I would truly love an audience with a master such as yourself, so that I may continually improve, as leather carving is so soothing to me during these stressful times. Beer or coffee is on me

-Clif Watkins

watk69@aol.com

Photo_Album.jpg

Hi Clif,

Thank you for the compliments! I think you should keep your marbles out....it looks to me like you haven't forgotten anything over the years. And I know what it's like to try to start back....I took twenty years off myself, before starting back again! I see by the photo album cover you posted, that you're reading the right book...Bill Gardiner's work is wonderful! That's a geat book....I refer people to it all the time....go back thru it myself from time to time. If you keep following his work, you can't go wrong!

Thank you for asking, but right now my work load is such that I'm not able to do any clinics, instruction, etc....however, maybe because of our economy, I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and maybe in the not too distant future I will be able to do some of those things.

Keep up the good work,

Bob

hello bob

your work is like candy for my eyes (hope it means the same in US like here in Bavaria)

allways if I see your work it is a kick in my back to get better and better and sometimes if god will I can show items in this quality.........

greetings from bavaria

johann

KILLER work.

:You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon:

Hey Bob, that's pretty slick looking. I love the detail you put into the tiniest details making each stem & vine jump out at the viewer and not just focused on the flowers. Very inspiring and educational to look at.

Hey Bob, that's pretty slick looking. I love the detail you put into the tiniest details making each stem & vine jump out at the viewer and not just focused on the flowers. Very inspiring and educational to look at.

Thanks, Spinner! I appreciate your comments.

Bob

absolutely beautiful. its the kind of thing that is fun to look at over and over again. a great study reference as well.

by the way... would you mind briefly describing how it is you go about lettering?

absolutely beautiful. its the kind of thing that is fun to look at over and over again. a great study reference as well.

by the way... would you mind briefly describing how it is you go about lettering?

Hello and welcome to the site!

When it comes to lettering I'm a strong advocate of tooling all lettering. I feel that the stamps give an amatuerish result and it is difficult to get them straight and even. I find it is very easy to use a word processor to to select the lettering style I want to use and to size the lettering properly. I simply print out what I want....transfer to tracing film....transfer to the leather. Lettering can be manipulated is some programs to create an arch or taper on the ends.....the variations are limitless. Applying lettering in this manner really makes your project look custom....because it is!

I hope this helps.....

Bobby

Mr. Park,

First of all, you are AWESOME! Someday I hope to be just a 1/4 as good as you are.

I have looked at this notebook so many times I may be accused of stalking you.

This may be a dumb question that everyone knows the answer to. But, guess I don't.

To my point...on the spine of your notebook, how are you getting the layout so perfect?

What are you using to get your arches? What about adjusting to different sizes?

This may be something simple, I just don't get it. Yes I'm blonde!

Also, what tool are you using for you border outline? Very crisp and beautiful!

I would love any advice, if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks in advance,

Angel innocent.gif

Hi pburges,

Sorry it's taken me a while to respond....I missed your post. Anyway, I do all my lettering on a word processor....enlarge it to the size I need and then print it out, trace onto tracing film and then transfer it on to the leather. There is a whole world of different fonts that you can download for free. I don't like using letter stamps.

Hope this helps.....

Bobby

Mr. Park,

First of all, you are AWESOME! Someday I hope to be just a 1/4 as good as you are.

I have looked at this notebook so many times I may be accused of stalking you.

This may be a dumb question that everyone knows the answer to. But, guess I don't.

To my point...on the spine of your notebook, how are you getting the layout so perfect?

What are you using to get your arches? What about adjusting to different sizes?

This may be something simple, I just don't get it. Yes I'm blonde!

Also, what tool are you using for you border outline? Very crisp and beautiful!

I would love any advice, if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks in advance,

Angel innocent.gif

Hi Angel,

Sorry to be slow in responding....I missed the last couple of posts. There is no magic to the design....I just drew a scallop that looked the way I wanted it to and then made a pattern. I traced half of it out and then flopped it over to trace the second half so that both both ends would be the same. By using a pattern it made it easy to transfer to the leather and cut it out. Also it made it easy to duplicate the scallop when drawing the tooling pattern. If there are small adjustment sizes needed I lengthen or shorten the ends. If a big adjustment is needed I would re-draw the scallop.

The bead border was made by first cutting a very light line with a swivel knife. I then use a hand beader....placing one edge of the beading tool into the light cut and then with firm pressure I follow the cut and create the bead.

Thanks for the compliments....I hope this helps....

Bobby

Edited by hidepounder

Very nice.

Well Bob, looks like we managed to get a clinic out of you yet. Wonderful work, as usual, and thanks for all the time you spent answering our questions.

Did you notice how many views this thread has gotten?

Well Bob, looks like we managed to get a clinic out of you yet. Wonderful work, as usual, and thanks for all the time you spent answering our questions.

Did you notice how many views this thread has gotten?

Thanks Brent, I hope I was able to help a few folks out. I was really suprised to see this thread pop up again. Over 1500 views...WOW!

1500 views and everyone of them well earned. Great work as always. Thanks for everything you share, I often want to be a fly on the wall of your shop. RW